Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Shogun 3.2 auto gear box oil

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zakspeed

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked my gearbox AToil when cold and it’s showing filled upto the marks when it’s hot.....would this cause my initial problem I’m having when it’s cold not going into gear. On here we was thinking it didn’t have enough.
Not filled it myself btw ....only just got it
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

What colour is it? and does it smell.
Amryk

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 16:33    Post subject: DIA queen ATF SPIII Reply with quote

I have searched high and low to buy this product myself
Had my 07 shogun diamond for almost 2 yrs and had problems with gears when cold,I ended up having a complete fluid change at Mitsubishi dealer to the tune of £217
This has resulted in my shogun running very smoothly into gear even when cold.
Only had it done 10 days ago
zakspeed

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for update.
I topped up / checked levels as highlighted on here.

Took 1.8 Ltr of the miller oil recommendation and all good now. Works a treat.
Sidney996

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm joining this thread may years on but I'm looking for information on POCUK website why my auto gearbox in my Shogun MK3 3.2 D-ID SWB 2004 isn't selecting gears properly and looks it could be the gearbox oil level. Unfortunately the previous owner has changed the instrustment cluster for a manual one so no auto gear selection display on the right. Therefore I can't see if I have a flashing N light. Seen this info on another thread about auto gearboxes not selecting.

Based on the above I'm thinking do a gearbox oil level check first and if that does work change the gearbox oil following the routine described on the other thread about getting the engine warm and doing the gear selection process. To that end I've gone looking for the correct gearbox oil as it is clear on all the threads it's critical you use the correct gearbox oil. I've gone looking for Millers Oils Millermatic ATF SPIII-WS Automatic Transmission Fluid manufactured by Opie Oils on their website but it is now discontinued. They are advising that the replacement is Millers Oils XF Premium ATF MV-EXTRA Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Therefore my question is the replacement gearbox oil by Opie Oils a suitable replacement and will it alright in the later Shogun Auto Gearbox fitted in the Mk3?

Second question what is the capacity of the gearbox and its cooling system? I've seen mention of needing 2 x 5ltr but it would be good to know the actual amount required as you'll know you don't have any air locks in the system.

I'm hoping that assassin and the others on the various threads may still be members and able to advise me.

Thank you all for your time and hope for some replies.

Regards

David
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidney996 wrote:
Unfortunately the previous owner has changed the instrustment cluster for a manual one so no auto gear selection display on the right. Therefore I can't see if I have a flashing N light. Seen this info on another thread about auto gearboxes not selecting.

Not sure if this would help, or is compatible, but I have a spare dashboard binnacle for 2003 Gen 3 LWB 5-speed automatic transmission 3.5 GDi Elegance.

It's spare since I bought it to do some electronic investigation work and then replaced the socketed bulbs with LEDs on it and the one in the truck.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

The replacement XF MV-extra is fine as it is backwards compatible and can be used in all SP 4, SP3+, SP3 WS, SP 3 and SP2 gearboxes safely.

When Mitsubishi specify a new ATF it must be backwards compatible so it can be used in current and older models as this avoids having different specification ATF's in the workshop and the apprentice putting SP 2 in an SP 3 or 4 specified transmission.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: