Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Wipers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigalan

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 20:29    Post subject: Wipers? Reply with quote

55 elegance, all day driving in this *beep* and for the first time using 4x4 it went like a dream, that is until I stopped for lunch and went out to carry on and forgot I left the wipers switched on and a large lump,of snow was on the drivers side so I heard a crack or thump sort of sound and now it does now work, passenger side fine.

I guess some sort of linkage has popped off below the wiper itself, is this a diy job or back to the dealer?

Thanks
Alan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 20:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bigalan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted. Once I had the plastic off it was obvious the arm from the drivers side had popped off at the end which connects to the main bit on the passenger side. Easy removal of the split bit and arm and into the garage, totally cleaned the metal end inside and out of the hole, cleaned the plastic cup throughly and superglued it in both sides, leaving it to cure for half an hour while coffee was drank.

Then filled the inside of the cup with grease as well as lubing everything I could get at and reassembled.

So far so good but if it pops off then new arms with cups are on eBay at £37.50 for the pair.

Al

Last edited by bigalan on Mon Dec 11, 2017 15:38; edited 1 time in total
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you sorted it - quite a common fault on the MkIII I think.
bigalan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bigalan"]Sorted. Once I had the plastic off it was obvious the arm from the drivers side had popped off at the end which connects to the main bit on the passenger side. Easy removal of the split bit and arm and into the garage, totally cleaned the metal end inside and out of the hole, cleaned the plastic cup throughly and superglued it in both sides, leaving it to cure for half an hour while coffee was drank.

Then filled the inside of the cup with grease as well as lubing everything I could get at and reassembled.

So far so good but if it pops off then new arms with cups are on eBay at £37.50 for the pair.

Al[/quote]

Spoke to soon, fell off again after 25 miles of constant use, luckily right outside my house.

Orders replacement from eBay at £37.40 came in less than 24 hours and much better design, fitted and spot on.
AdieY

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to soon, fell off again after 25 miles of constant use, luckily right outside my house.

Orders replacement from eBay at £37.40 came in less than 24 hours and much better design, fitted and spot on.[/quote]

Hiya

I don't suppose you have the item details do you? Did exactly the same to me! Cleared off snow but missed a bit and popped off the drivers side arm. Plastic was too worn to take being popped back on so ended up buying a repair clip from Halfords to get me out of trouble but don't really trust it as it looked a bit of a bodge.

I'd rather have the bits ready for if when it does eventually go again.

Cheers

Adie
bigalan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is on eBay and his username is singlewiper but his eBay shop is closed from 18th to 31st December for the holidays, they come as a pair one long which you will use and one short which nobody ever seems to change.

Much better design on the ends.

Alan
sandiman
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just drilled through the ball and socket and stuck a stainless nut and bolt through. Won't fall off again! (Bear in mind the built in weak spot protects the motor & splines though.)
thetim

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done mine. Same eBay seller gave me Saturday delivery even though it cost him more than the P&P charge - I was very impressed. Straightforward installation too and all seems to be working again. Keep in mind that the ball joint allows some out-of-plane movement which a nut and bolt won't (apart from that provided by any clearance in the drilled hole, which may very well be enough).
zakspeed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

This different design on EBay at £38 would you say looks as tho will last .
Could it be improved on / modded or is it fine as is

And did you need a puller for the splines or don’t you need to touch this part?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: