Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

A/T temp light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepuddlejumper

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 17:09    Post subject: A/T temp light Reply with quote

My A/T temp light has started coming on after about 5 -10 mins after starting off. The Auto seems to be working fine changing as it has always done. I did what the manual said pull over open bonnet and leave ticking over till temp light goes off, didn’t. So switched of engine left for 10 mins started up light was off 5 mins later it came on. I checked the oil it is a light brownish colour, so I need an oil and filter change. Today I started the car up and checked the oil level cold seemed ok, took it out and had some fun in the snow then after abut 5 mins the A/T temp light came on so I checked the oil level hot it was a bit over but the oil on the dip stick was cold. I left it ticking over while I did some winter maintenance on my wife’s car checked the oil level just as before and again the oil was cold. Took it out for some more fun and light came on after 5 mins still changing ok no odd smells, checked the oil again and it was cool not hot as I thought it would be if the A/T temp light was telling me the trans was overheating. Sorry for going on at length but I don’t want to destroy the auto box. Anyone had this problem and could it be the temp sensor and how would I check it. HELP.

Ralph
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 17:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:53    Post subject: Re: A/T temp light Reply with quote

thepuddlejumper wrote:
My A/T temp light has started coming on after about 5 -10 mins after starting off. The Auto seems to be working fine changing as it has always done. I did what the manual said pull over open bonnet and leave ticking over till temp light goes off, didn’t. So switched of engine left for 10 mins started up light was off 5 mins later it came on. I checked the oil it is a light brownish colour, so I need an oil and filter change. Today I started the car up and checked the oil level cold seemed ok, took it out and had some fun in the snow then after abut 5 mins the A/T temp light came on so I checked the oil level hot it was a bit over but the oil on the dip stick was cold. I left it ticking over while I did some winter maintenance on my wife’s car checked the oil level just as before and again the oil was cold. Took it out for some more fun and light came on after 5 mins still changing ok no odd smells, checked the oil again and it was cool not hot as I thought it would be if the A/T temp light was telling me the trans was overheating. Sorry for going on at length but I don’t want to destroy the auto box. Anyone had this problem and could it be the temp sensor and how would I check it. HELP.

Ralph

Did you ever resolve this issue?
I am seeing tech resources more and more difficult to find.
thepuddlejumper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not getting back sooner. The answer is not really, I kept driving as there were no signs of the transmission faltering, as described by others experiencing high temp fluid. Now the light is on all the time, i.e. start up it’s on does not go out, no problems with the drive. It has been reported, I think here or on other forums, that the sender in the gearbox can get contaminated and cause the light to come on or stay on. So, my hope is I have a contaminated sensor. I have read that something similar can be caused by problems with the auto box  Ecu. My next stop is to have the gearbox oil and filter changed an to try and find and clean the sensor. The only problem is I am unable to find any reference to its location within the box. I hope this has shed some light.

Ralph
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepuddlejumper wrote:
Sorry for not getting back sooner. The answer is not really, I kept driving as there were no signs of the transmission faltering, as described by others experiencing high temp fluid. Now the light is on all the time, i.e. start up it’s on does not go out, no problems with the drive. It has been reported, I think here or on other forums, that the sender in the gearbox can get contaminated and cause the light to come on or stay on. So, my hope is I have a contaminated sensor. I have read that something similar can be caused by problems with the auto box  Ecu. My next stop is to have the gearbox oil and filter changed an to try and find and clean the sensor. The only problem is I am unable to find any reference to its location within the box. I hope this has shed some light.

Ralph

I don't know the Pajero Junior, but have done some research. It looks to me like the A/T temp sensor is on the oil cooler return pipe where it fixes to the gearbox. That's on the left hand side looking forward - marked as A in the diagram below.  The actual sender is the item marked 26128.  This is Mitsubishi part # MB919787.   See this page for my source and more detail:  https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/pajero-montero-jr-9346/h57a-20031/mkxe3-625131/a-t-case-7920473#/il-189268746

helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:

I don't know the Pajero Junior, but have done some research.

Nice one Simon.

I used to use a site for bits rather like that  and one was in Russian but last time I went to use it it had gone.

Just the other day I was parked next to an imported Pinin (probably an iO) the owner was really loving my Junior. I know they are in some demand; when I put mine up for sale I literally get thousands of people interested but they all want it for peanuts and TBH it is worth more for me to keep than to sell for peanuts. I have over £600 worth of value in it - new tyres alone and towbar come to that.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

helijohn wrote:

I used to use a site for bits rather like that  and one was in Russian but last time I went to use it it had gone.

Just the other day I was parked next to an imported Pinin (probably an iO) the owner was really loving my Junior. I know they are in some demand; when I put mine up for sale I literally get thousands of people interested but they all want it for peanuts and TBH it is worth more for me to keep than to sell for peanuts. I have over £600 worth of value in it - new tyres alone and towbar come to that.

Somebody on here pointed me to Megazip for part numbers and diagrams and I've found it really useful. I was also using a Russian site previously.

I think a lot of us on here put more money into our vehicles than they are worth to others. I'd rather do that and end up with something I enjoy than spend hundreds each month on a lease plan and end up with nothing.
thepuddlejumper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, thanks for that I will check it out. I did think it odd to have a sensor in the gearbox where it could not easily be checked or replaced. I was under the car today tidying the speedo cable, the ‘p’ clips rusted through and I must have ripped them off during the last snow I also lost my rear fog light at the same time. It’s booked in for an MOT next week so need to get the light replaced.

Ralph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: