2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

96 Pajero 2,8td Glow/Egr ECU wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reppemarkus

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 17:29    Post subject: 96 Pajero 2,8td Glow/Egr ECU wiring Reply with quote

Hi, as i bought my pajero i noticed that the previous owner has installed a manual glowbutton with own relay and so on.. The execution of this work is poo, and dont even work anymore.

I wish to get the original system up and running again, as i aussume that something isnt right with the system. When i turn the key and glowlight appear, there is no power coming to activate the glow solonoid.

So far i have found that the solonoid in the enginebay works, and that the timer in the ECU box clicks on and off like it should when the key is turned. And engine temp sensor seems to be fine, my suspicion is that the cable from the ECU to the relay is broken. I have the yellow 26-pin (19 in use) connector on the ECU, and the engine has a EGR that maybe goes here as well. Can add in that i have taken the ECU out and looked for cracks and rust, but the circuitboard seems ok.

Do anyone know what cable goes to the solonid in the engine bay? I will try to "beeptest" the connector with a mulimeter tho.

Any hints about this is much appreciated.

Best regards.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 17:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Reppemarkus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 20:53    Post subject: Re: 96 Pajero 2,8td Glow/Egr ECU wiring Reply with quote

I had some time to look in too the system today. And the problem is solved  Very Happy

My problem was the relay on the circuitboard in the Glow/Egr ECU. The magnet moved the arm over, but not enough to get a good solid connection. We solved the problem by sanding the contactpoints and adjusted them a bit tighter for a solid connection when the key is turned.

The relay is the black rectangular box to the left hand down corner. Mine was named Takamisawa LZ-150, but the "lid" needs gluing afterwards because its so brittle so the fastners just bends off. Just remeber to test before putting everything back together  Cool

For info, the relay controls the power to the solonoid in the engine bay (pin 14), Pin 26 is earth for measurement.

Will try to throw in some pics here..  Laughing

Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done for sorting it out.

Most owners just replace the ECU, I think. So your pictures may come in useful for others who want to fix the problem in the future.
Reppemarkus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
Well done for sorting it out.

Most owners just replace the ECU, I think. So your pictures may come in useful for others who want to fix the problem in the future.

Yes, that was the idea behind it Smile Make it sticky and change the decription a bit  Idea
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ 1 with Simon.., A lot of owners post a problem on here and unfortunately don't get an answer for the simple reason that no one has actually come across it before, but you managed to sort it and took the time to explain the fix, thanks on behalf of the members  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: