Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Still have my Shogun, but this is about a Beemer 57 plate X5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Other vehicles technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 21:33    Post subject: Still have my Shogun, but this is about a Beemer 57 plate X5 Reply with quote

I haven't quite joined the "Turvey Club" yet, my 3.2 DiD is still going strong, and I am struggling to bring myself to sell it......... but a couple of months ago, I bought myself a 2007 e70 X5 3.0d which I am enjoying immensely. Since then, the Shoggie hasn't moved a lot, except when we had the snow, so I am thinking that it is getting close to that time Sad  

Anyway, as I have grown used to the new toy, I have noticed that sometimes, but not every time, I can hear a droning hummmmmm which seems to be related to the speed that I am driving, rather than anything else. As an example, we recently nipped up into England to see our twins, whether the music was playing too loud, or the wife was whining, or as said it only happens sometimes, for whatever reason I didn't hear the noise for the entire trip..... then on days like today, during a 25 mile round trip, the noise was very noticeable while doing 70 mph (give or take a few Smile) on the A30..... and I can not think of any other way of describing the noise than it being a Hummmmmmmm, which seems to be coming from the front rather than the rear of the car.

I am thinking, because a front sticking caliper has already been done recently, and no individual wheel is getting warm and the noise doesn't disappear when breaking, that it's more likely to be a wheel bearing or some other speed related possible cause, but the car has only done 66k miles. Can wheel bearings go with such a small amount of mileage on the clock ? It has, according to the service book, a full service history, and an HPI check gave no recorded accidents etc etc....... has anyone got any ideas ???? I have asked, on a couple of BMW sites, but they either don't understand my English terminology/correct spelling (a lot of yanks on one of the sites) or I am guessing that they just trust their BMW garage to bill them for fixing without telling them anything..... i.e. have more money than sense Razz

Other than that, I am more than pleased with the car........ well

I'm not looking forward to forking out on new tyres :O
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 21:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

x5 are prone to all sort,s of noises especially from the front end,loads of complaints about it over the net,when i looked into getting one for the other half a few years ago i was told by everyone to stay away as they are just a green oval in disguise but with even more expensive problems....as for your droning i would check wheel bearings prop uj,s etc but seeing as i never really worked on one it may be process of illimination...i know my mate had one but it was new so it went into the dealers to be sorted Wink
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply...... I seem to have solved the problem. Yesterday, I went and bought a set of boots all round, which weren't as expensive as I was expecting  Very Happy Then took off for a spin to see how things were, the ride had improved immensely and when I got onto the dual carriageway and hit the loud pedal, the noise had gone, no hummmmm just a nice and quiet run, I even turned the radio off to make sure I wasn't imagining it, but no, the noise has gone....... Sorted Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Other vehicles technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: