Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Bigger lwb brakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diavel phill

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 19:35    Post subject: Bigger lwb brakes Reply with quote

I'm thinking of changing the front brakes on my 2013 swb to lwb set up anyone on here already done it , the discs are bigger and 4pot calipers what bits need to be changed ? My reserch so far discs , calipers , hubs and carrier's would the drive shafts be the same on the LWB and swb or would I need to change them as well,  I can't believe Mitsubishi where allowed to sell the truck with what I consider to be the dreadful Ford Fiesta size brakes on the SWB I've put up with it for 4 years and plan on keeping her a long time I just can't be putting up with these *beep* brakes any longer 🤦‍♂️Any info would be appreciated and if anyone is breaking a lwb with the bits I need all the better 👍
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 19:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

medicman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the brake discs on the swb model are and do appear small especially when you’ve got 20” wheels as I have but I’ve never had a problem with them not stopping the vehicle, a couple of years ago I replaced all my discs with black coloured Black Diamond drilled and slotted discs also replaced the front pads with uprated Black Diamond Predator brake pads, the cops up here have their shoguns brake pads replaced with these on first service as they have great stopping power, don’t think It would be that difficult to change to the larger 4 pot calipers but at what cost.

Hope this helps
Diavel phill

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi medicman , I replaced my front discs at 9000miles they disintergrated from corrosion as far as i can see it was inferior materials when I rang the dealer JT Hughes Newtown I had the usual response wear and Tare but 9k FFS 🤦‍♂️, so I replaced them with a set from Milner off road nothing special just pattern parts I didn't want to replace them with genuine Mitsubishi items as they probably would have gone the same way the truck has now done 21k and they are looking good ,

The problem I find with the brakes is initial bite and when towing I find them just a bit vague, I have a vw T5 transporter and the brakes feel far superior even tho it's still on its original discs even when towing , I noticed that the brakes are a lot bigger on my fathers LWB I've found a set of discs pads and calipers brand new but I'm just wondering if anyone has any information on any other differences other than the hub bearing carrier are the cv joints the same etc it's a job I intend to do but I just want to assemble all the parts required before I start to do the conversion, ps imagine how good the brakes would be with 340mm black diamond set up 😜
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: