QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

ASC ATC light stays on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SunbeamFanatic

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:24    Post subject: ASC ATC light stays on? Reply with quote

Hi All,

The ASC dash light on my 2004 DiD will not go out when operating the switch, I've had the switch itself tested and that is working fine. Everything else is working fine, all the 4WD modes, ABS etc.

Any ideas on what the problem may be? 2nd hand ASC ATC ECUs are cheap enough is it worth trying a swap or is the problem more likely to be something else?

Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bigalan

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine eventually went into limp mode and it turn d out to b the steering angle sensor.
SunbeamFanatic

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigalan wrote:
Mine eventually went into limp mode and it turn d out to b the steering angle sensor.

Thank you. Was this just a case of fitting a new sensor or is there any calibration required?
bigalan

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SunbeamFanatic"][quote="bigalan"]Mine eventually went into limp mode and it turn d out to b the steering angle sensor.[/quote]

Thank you. Was this just a case of fitting a new sensor or is there any calibration required?[/quote]

To be honest I don’t know, I took it to the dealer and picked it up and it was sorted, £100 if I remember correctly.
Dmcmylor

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mk4 re calibrates its steering sensor when the battery has been disconnected for 10 mins or so. Not sure if the 3 dos though. Might be worth a try. Once reconnected, the asc ats lights stay on until driven a short distance in a straight line.
drew m

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh,my mark 3 shogun does the same after  a battery disconnect, also after  a jump start  funnily enough , light goes out after a short straight drive.
Drew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: