Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Evo odometer etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickhlondon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 15:51    Post subject: Evo odometer etc Reply with quote

Hi
As promised !

A bit more advice please on new Evo purchase.

1.Picked up car 2 days ago. Immaculate condition but Odometer and trip clock both packed up on way back from collecting !
Initially, one of the "hundreds" numbers stuck as it increased, and then as the "thousand" came up for change it all packed up.
The speedo (which is still in kmh) itself continues to function normally.

2.Probably coincidentally to the above I noticed when getting out of the car that the fuse box lid above the drivers right foot was off
and there is a loose wire running from the right hand top fuse (next to the tool for fuse removal).
It looks like the other end of that fuse has become detached from an external earth point/bolt next to the fuse box.
I am reluctant to reconnect it as I may be wrong and don't want to blow any electrics.

Not sure if the two above may be related. from the handbook, that fuse is supposed to relate to the cigarette lighter which continues to function so unless someone has messed about with it previously, can't see the connection (forgive the pun!).

3.New tyres needed.  Any input on best compromise for reasonable ride quality for mainly road use, but with M + S capability.

Any advice appreciated.

Only car I have ever bought (and I have bought many) that has an emergency flare fixed into the passenger footwell.

Dead handy in North London !

Rick
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 15:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

EVO_PAJ

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mate welcome to the club.

1. In relation to Speedo - you may need to source another speedo / cluster from a NL / NK model from Japan - 180kph limited.

You'll need to potentially remove the odometer from that - however i dont think you will ever be able to get it back to exact mileage again and swap with broken Odo.

2. If you have a multi meter check if the wire has power to it first before pluggin it in to anything
      - some people feed Stereo wires / lights / horns / CB's down thereto pick up an Accessory Fuse check that - ultimately there should be no wires plugged into the front of the fuses though.
3. Yokohama Geolander A/Ts is what they came with from Factory Wink

maybe someone else can chime in , but good luck !
rickhlondon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thanks for the reply.

Bought the Geolanders!

Re: Speedo.
After posting the query, I decided to try and strip it down and lubricate it to see if that helped.

Removed the securing screws for the cover, and when speedo was accessible, gave it a healthy squirt with WD40.

Bingo!  All fixed...........until today believe it or not when I noticed it was sticking again and coincided with the arrival of your reply.

Weird.

Yesterday was very hot here in Southern England, over 30 degrees  (Like midwinter to you Aussies!).
I suspect the heat has caused the problem and I will try the same method again.
Just a tip.
Put masking tape over the screen vent when extracting the securing screws for the speedo cover. Needless to say I didn't and managed to drop one into the vent system.
Luckily my old Pajero was around at the time and was about to be given away, so I nicked one from there.

Hope that helps.

Rick
EVO_PAJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

i too have dropped a screw down the vent

PRO TIP : To get it out get a wire coat hanger a reasonably strong magnet (small enough to fit down air vent i used one from a slot car).

Tape it 3 or 4 times to the coat hanger and unravel it so its sorta bent , feed that down the vent and presto you should get your screw back !

Nice work on the Geolanders let me know how you go - also bummer with the speedo but least you found the issue dude.

Regards
hutchy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your struggling for a speedo i have a spare here it,s from a mk2 gdi they are the same as the evo so long as the evo is tiptronic and not manual gearbox Exclamation
EVO_PAJ

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Girl is Manual Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: