Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

EGR, resistor, trickery

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titan

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't gone far with the mod yet but what i am noticing rather than more power (as some have suggested) it's a cleaner power delivery the turbo spools up faster so less lag.

what are others opinions
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 15:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

stevepen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing I found was that I had a slight fluttery take off when using small throttle openings. Like in slow moving traffic. Now really smooth. No increase in power and not noticed any improvement in MPG yet. My main reason for fitting was to stop the inlet getting more crud building up. For a power boost the BlueSpark unit has provided in spades  Very Happy
4ndy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly this hasn't worked for my 2013 model Shogun  Confused

The EGR commanded values are reduced though. Where it would have been at 70%, it now seems to sit at 30%.  
I've found a few examples of this on the Ozzie forums, with suggestions of a higher rated resistor, so that's my next step.

Double and triple checked the resistor, definitely 4.7Kohm, checked both the colour bands and with a meter, and definitely in the blue/black wire.

Anyone else come across this?  Question
Dobie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to try this over the weekend if I get time. I take it the MAF is just a resistive value for the ECU? What I can’t get my head around is the idea is to tell the ECU it’s too cold so how does altering the Air Flow reading achieve this? Sounds like it would cause the car to run incorrectly by telling it there is less or more air flow? Is there a thermistor built into the MAF that gives a seperate reading?
NJV6

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dobie wrote:
I hope to try this over the weekend if I get time. I take it the MAF is just a resistive value for the ECU? What I can’t get my head around is the idea is to tell the ECU it’s too cold so how does altering the Air Flow reading achieve this? Sounds like it would cause the car to run incorrectly by telling it there is less or more air flow? Is there a thermistor built into the MAF that gives a seperate reading?

It is not a resistor to go into the flow sensor, it goes in the temp sensor. And the temp sensor it interupts is the one for the EGR, not the one for the engine. The one for the engine is located after the turbo as the turbo dramatically increases the air temperature.
Dobie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers NJV, that makes sense.

Found the diagram here, shows the JIS symbol for thermistor on pins 1&2...

Dobie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Elm ODB reader arrived this morning so went ahead and did this.

As expected the 4.7k resistor in series with the thermistor shut off the EGR, I checked this in torque pro. Also I shorted the resistor whilst running and you can hear the EGR come in.

I measured the thermistor, bear in mind it was about as hot as the UK ever gets today, with a reading of about 1.5k. I figured 4k7 could be dropped. 4k2 worked, 3k worked, 1k8 didn’t.

I have left the 3k resistor in and will monitor, but if it didn’t think it was warm enough today then it’s never going to!

Torque pro shows the air intake temperature but uses the other sensor as no change was noted here. This is good in a way as the ECU still need the correct reading, although I would like to have been able to see the air box sensor reading to see exactly what it thinks the temp there is now.
perspex

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody had any joy with this on say 2014 onwards ?
I dont solder , but would be willing to pay one of you leccy chaps to lnock me one up Very Happy
theron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

An alternative is a pluggable module: http://mitsi-egr.co.uk/Purchase.php#!/Mitsubishi-DiD-Engine-Series-4-EGR-Module/p/136092320/category=48297007

It's just some wire, plugs and a resistor in a box, it costs more, but you can fit it and remove it without breaking into the existing wiring harness.
perspex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give them a ring , same town as me , but website says sold out Rolling Eyes
perspex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

No joy left messages,, no response 😭 *beep*
theron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've got a FB page, maybe they'll respond there: https://www.facebook.com/EGRmod/
perspex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

theron wrote:
They've got a FB page, maybe they'll respond there: https://www.facebook.com/EGRmod/
they are sold out ffs😤
perspex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in stock if any of you lot dont fancy cutting into your loom, just ordered mine £25 free delivery 😁
theron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now sold my Shogun so I've got one of these going spare.  They are £25 new, I'm after £15 (inc. postage to UK).

Send me a PM if you want it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: