Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Compass set up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:26    Post subject: Compass set up Reply with quote

Anyone got any tips on compass set up on the Mk4?

I've followed the instructions and had a couple of goes driving around in circles, both directions, to no avail.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

medicman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom had the same bother myself when I bought mine turns out they don’t all have the compass sensor unit fitted, to see if you’ve got a sensor open rear tail gate door the sensor is fitted behind the plastic trim to the right of the high level brake light, just pull if off the sensor is a small black rectangle box with compass sensor written on it, if not there mitsubishi sell them for £300 or do what I did and get one from eBay approx £100

Hope this helps
DI-Dick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi medicman

Do you mean in the small enclosure where the brake light sits - the one that you can simply pull the small cover off and look inside?  I had a look in mine and couldn't see the sensor box.  But I can't see any wiring or anything to attach it to even if I bought one.  Am I looking in the right place, or do I need to remove the larger plastic trim that goes right across the top of the door and surrounds the window?  And where would I find the wiring to attach a sensor to?

Thanks for your help.
medicman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi it’s the trim to the right of the high level brake light that runs along the top of the door, not the light trim you pull off to change a bulb, there’s a multi plug that the sensor plugs into, all shoguns come with it fitted but if you’ve got the mmcs fitted they remove it when they come into the country as the mmcs has a compass built in.
Hope this helps
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info, saved me from yet more dizziness driving round in circles

I've not looked for the sensor but as the truck has its in built nav it sounds like it won't have it fitted

I did have a quick look on ebay and have decided I can live without the compass display working!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: