Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2003 Shogun Interior lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:21    Post subject: 2003 Shogun Interior lights Reply with quote

Hi im looking to upgrade my shogun's interior lights. I have 6 x 501 wedge lamps in at the moment and they give off that horrid dull yellow look, so i wanted to upgrade to led's but its hard to find ones that are suitable. A normal filament lamp gives a 360 degree light shine area where as an led normal points up. Like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-pcs-194-501-T10-W5W-Power-7-LED-Bulb-White-Lamp-New/390469176184?hash=item5ae9c6cb78:g:TJ0AAOSwstxVeT5G

As the holders for the interior lights are fixed (pointing up) most led's would seem pointless. There doesn't seem to be a reflector in the centre front light array (Door open light and 2 x courtsey lights) so the ones with the led (smd) pointing out the side would work but would be very redundant as only one side would be of any use! like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-T10-W5W-501-168-White-12-LED-SMD-Car-Side-Light-Sidelight-Wedge-Bulb-Lamp-12V/350602281236?hash=item51a1864114:g:IQ0AAOxyCGNTLUJ9

I have looked at these but don't know how good they would be.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-T10-168-194-2825-501-W5W-COB-LED-Bulb-Number-Plate-Light-Xenon-White-No-Error/351819771958?epid=5007438621&hash=item51ea17b036:g:Jp0AAOSw7bpZksPx

Does anybody know a good replacment for these wedge shaped lights and have they used them ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Sparksie

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been replacing these capless bulbs for people for a while now
I haven't found an LED that will do the job in all fittings.
The difficulty is, the filament bulb is completely non-directional, so the bulb holder can be in virtually any orientation.
The proposed LED replacement will, at best, be partially directional and it will not usually be possible to turn the fitting, so as to have good light spread in exactly the right direction.
Sometimes you'll be lucky, other times you may be able to fit an alternative lamp-holder in the existing fitting, which takes a LED that points the right way. Sometimes, however, all you can do is play with other incandescents that emit different temperature light.
I've never had reason to try with Pajero interior lights, so can't say what will, or will not work.
What I'd suggest is to buy a few different types and try them in each of the lights you want to convert.
When you know what works in each location, then you can order the complete kit and, having blazed the trail, post the details on here for the rest of us, who will surely be following in your wake, soon enough
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i have changer the leds now and they work much better and brighter. This is the 3rd shogun/pajero i have done, and different bulbs. The front 3 are T10 fittings and these are the ones i fitted look dark during the day but great at night

These look a little short when fitted and a longer version would be better but they do the job (3 fitted in front dome panel)

the rear ones i fitted these (side pillar and boot light) 31mm 16 LED 3528 SMD (3 fitted 1 in each pillar and 1 in the boot area)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: