QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

ABS, traction control & brake warning lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samanthaanne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 22:50    Post subject: ABS, traction control & brake warning lights Reply with quote

After having a wheel bearing done a couple of months ago, the three lights described above came on. I think we left it about a week before getting seen to. The garage said there were no lights on and they ran diagnostic and nothing came up. Sure enough, when I picked it up, no lights. 2-3 days later, lights come on. Leave it a eek again and take it to same garage. They were looking at a host of other things. They said again there were no lights on, no faults. When they drove it the computer said that one wheel was going slightly slower than the rest so they recommended replacing the ABS sensor and CV joint. Due to them also suggesting a LOT of other work we drove it a bit and the lights came on again and we took to another garage who have now said wait until we see it for 2-3 weeks then take it in. They also could see no lights or faults!

I feel like we’re going crazy. Any advice? Am I doing something really stupid? Only thing I can think is that we park on a hill at our house.

Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 22:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Samanthaanne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important info left out:
‘54 3.2 DiD LWB Elegance
NJV6

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be suspecting a wheel sensor.
Samanthaanne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked it up from the garage that said they also could see no lights.

They said they drove it 10-15 miles every day but couldn't get it to come on.

I drove it away, and probably 30 miles in, whilst using cruise control at 70 - it came on. And has stayed on. Why does it keep going away when a garage looks at it?!

Note - it's the traction control light, traction control off light, and ABS light. Not brake warning.
Judge_Joolz

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different tyre sizes across the axles - new tyre on the identified wheel?
The wheel travelling slower will muck up the ABS and traction control and put the lights on.

HTH

JJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: