Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Advise on Fitting original sat nav into a 3.2 shogun equipe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebarr

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 22:52    Post subject: Advise on Fitting original sat nav into a 3.2 shogun equipe Reply with quote

Hi

I have read serveral posts about the original nav system but can't seem to find an answer and was woundering if anyone could help me with some advise on how to wire up the nav unit.

I bought a system that includes the screen, MP8000 nav unit the switch box that are bolted to a metal plate that replaces the plastic panel under the lower glove box the rgb wire, rf sensor,remote and the wiring patch/extension loom from the back of the radio to the switch box.
I have fitted the screen and a W142 cd radio in the dash and also a 10 disc multichanger all of which are now working, I then searched for the wiring for the nav unit under the glove box and also removed the passengers seat and lifted the carpet up a little.
I found two spare multi plugs one white and one black both square in shape under the passenger seat but when i attempted to connect the nav unit up i found that the plugs where to large. Is there an additional patch lead that converts the larger plug(s) to the same as the nav connector?
The MP8000 DVD nav power connector is the same size and shape as the older MP7000 cd unit.

I have tried to upload pictures of the power connector on the back of the Nav units but i really dont have a glue how to do that as yet on this site, but a can send them as an attachment to an email.

So what i really need is confirmation on the presents of an additional power lead for the DVD unit and i know i am pushing it but a part number would be really helpful.

cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 22:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ebarr

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its ok now I've worked it out for myself and got the missing cable Very Happy

Got the complete system operating
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was quite a specific question, I am guessing perhaps no one has done this quite so in depth? But perhaps you could help someone in future by posting up any more detail on what you did? I've recently got a Mk3 Shogun without the nav so would be interested to hear how difficult it is and also when done how good is the nav?
Davegayle

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom fenton wrote:
It was quite a specific question, I am guessing perhaps no one has done this quite so in depth? But perhaps you could help someone in future by posting up any more detail on what you did? I've recently got a Mk3 Shogun without the nav so would be interested to hear how difficult it is and also when done how good is the nav?

The java is ok but hopelessly out of date unless you're prepared to pay Mitsubishi loads for new up to date discs. That's unless anyone's figured out a way to clone them with working serial numbers. If so I'd be interested. For now though my iPhone has tomtom on it and coupled with the cradle, provides an excellent signal and nav service complete with camera warnings.
Davegayle

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

java should read "nav"😳
Damn sausage fingers and predictive text...
ebarr

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah your right most phones have as good or better nav systems these days but you can pick up the OEM stuff cheaply and it does look better in the dash and gives you better climate control and radio displays

The OEM does not have speed camera warnings or full postcode entry that i guess you would need if you where traveling a lot, but as i really only need it for going around Glasgow and other parts of Scotland it does the job.

The OEM system does not have TCM as standard so again you rely on the radio for traffic alerts, although this maybe my next upgrade to the OEM system.

If anyone is interested in fitting the OEM sysem to there shogun i am wrighting up a DIY and will post it soon, just have to figure out how to upload pictures onto this site (Help Needed)
Sidney996

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 15:38    Post subject: Solution to Power for Navigation Power Supply Reply with quote

Hi,

I've read your post from May 2013 but can't find the posting of the solution you mentioned you where looking to post.

I'm doing exactly the same to my 2005 Shogun fitting the original Navigation system bought from a donor vehicle that has been broken for parts. I'm facing the exactly same problem no plug for the navigation unit power supply cable socket. I'm thinking I'm missing a cable and think your later post suggests that? Could you advise the solution or point me in the right direction if you already posted answer.  

Appreciate we are 5 years on but hope you still look at the forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Sidney996

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:01    Post subject: Answer to Power Supply Reply with quote

Hi,

I've managed to solve the location of the power supply for the MP8000 DVD navigation unit. The Nav units were fitted in two places depending on seat option chosen apparently which are under the glove boxes on a metal plate in the passenger foot well or under the passenger seat. However the power supply was only in one location which was under the passenger seat. You can't see it if you look under the seat though as it's under the carpet.

You have to remove the passenger seat disconnecting the air bag power cable before lifting the seat out. Remove the plastic door sill trim. Lift the carpet and you find the plug taped to the wiring loom near the air bag cable. You can remove the plastic cable covers and run the cable from the DVD unit location in the foot well to the power plug. Then put everything back.

I hope that this helps anyone trying to do the same with their Shogun....

Regards

David Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: