2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

What I had to do to my street princess

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:

I think you will be OK with the thermostat - they are all more or less the same .... aren't they?  Wink

Hoots of laughter.
With so many Mitsubishi cars around you'd think they would used cross model stuff at least.  Like the FTO wheels that fits the Junior for example.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 20:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been a while because I have had a Freelander to play with for a few months which has kept me busy but recently I decided to get and fit the rear shox to Junior. Didn't take long but that is possibly because I had done the hard yards months ago when searching for the knocking noise.
Also because I have fitted the wheels to the Freelander I was obliged to put back the Junior originals so going back to 15". But before they went back I gave them a clean up and black paint job.
Before

After
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look much nicer  Cool
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
They look much nicer  Cool

Thanks.
Although the surface was stained and in places a little (just a little) pitted they were basically sound which surprised me and as a result I did them at the rate of 15 mins per wheel. Rotary wire brush, sanded by hand, blown clear, masked, wiped with degreasant and sprayed two/three coats black.
I want the 16s back on but I have to sell the Landrover first.  They have a bigger backspace so sit nicely at the arch edge.
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next:
When the motor arrived there was a nasty 2"  hole in the driver's carpet.................made by a heel naturally............. and it went right through to the metal. So a few days ago I decided to fill the hole with high density foam. Then I had an old rear mat (one of the plastic types) so I cut a piece out and glued it in place to protect the carpet in the future. Naturally I myself always use a rubber mat on all my motors regardless of whether or not there is a rubber insert.  Some of the chalk marks that I used to locate the piece can still be seen.
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have deleted my photobucket account as they have blocked the hosting service making my pictures disappear.
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is the end of an era for me.
I thought I'd be sad but no
After having a new timing belt fitted and all new other belts just a few months ago. After I shod it with new tyres. After I fitted a towbar too. I have parted ways with her.
I had wanted to keep her for forever but I decided I cannot have so many cars in the drive now that the V6 has joined us. I was about to fit a new exhaust as there was an advisory on the MoT  and new bonnet (the existing one has a lot of rot at the front edge) and source the poor petrol economy - 22mpg - but the hardest part for me has been the lack of tech info like no workshop manual being available.
Here it is for sale.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-Mitsubishi-Pajero-Junior-1-1-Engine-Automatic-/153135273939
JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a good, solid, usable little vehicle and given that some traders are asking (and getting! Embarassed ) twice that sort of money for the smaller engined Pajero Mini, this must make a good buy for the enthusiast who wants something to which value can be added whilst enjoying the car as they gradually attend to the few wee bits that it wants to have done.
Now I must navigate away from this thread before temptation makes me do something wicked with my credit card..

Best of luck in finding a buyer. Very Happy

thumbleft
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPB wrote:
Best of luck in finding a buyer. Very Happy   thumbleft

It's not me selling it. I parted with it to a trader. The trader is now selling it.  I had already tried selling it for months for £1000 and got no takers then when I had the belts, exhaust manifold and MoT done I tried again several times to sell for £1500 and got no takers. I even reduced the price and was prepared to still take the thousand quid. Lots of people viewed and so on but no one seemed to want to commit so in the end I sold it to a trader.  Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: