QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Add a Flash to the alarm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 19:11    Post subject: Add a Flash to the alarm Reply with quote

Hi

Has anybody added an extra led flasher to a cobra 8165 alarm. Im wanting to put another led higher up on the dash or somewhere where it can be seen clearly! I did look at the solar powered dummy alarms but knowing me i'll forget to turn it on or off. I want the led to come on when i lock the car on the remote so i can see it flashing from my front door, then i know i have locked the car.
I was trying to find one of those scanners (knight rider) that has 3 wires (+v, Neg and interupt (connects to the alarm)) but they dont seem to be around or are very expensive and worse not even in the uk.

Has anybody done this or is it just me?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 19:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simon_W

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

You write 'extra LED' so I assume there's one already. Can't you simply install a second LED in a more visible location in parallel with the existing one? Or just move the existing one?
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i already have one it's next to the ignition, comes in handy there when you need to program new fobs etc as you need to count the flashes for inputing the code (not very often).  Ill give that a whirl then i thought it would be something easy like putting it in parallel, just need to check the voltage and work out a suitable resistor easy stuff. Just wanted to check to make sure it doesnt effect the alarm in any way.
Thanks for the advice
Simon_W

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look on Ebay for 12v LED warning lights.  You'll see lots complete with a bezel and the appropriate resistor already wired in.  If you want it to be visible, you could get a large one ( say 10mm) with a domed top.

e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Boat-Yacht-Indicator-Pilot-Light-Dashboard-Panel-Warning-Lamp-12V-10mm-LED/332745038001

Shouldn't cause any problems with your alarm. Maybe test it out before you drill the hole in the dashboard though.  Wink
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes always a good idea to test before starting to drill holes. I already have a big box of electronic stuff with numerious leds (shapes and sizes) plus thousands of resistors so when i get time thats the next job to do.

Thanks for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: