Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Not bad for 22 years old...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stlouie

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've just fitted a rear spare wheel carrier, could you tell me where is your number plate. Cheers for any help with this
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 18:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlouie wrote:
Hi, I've just fitted a rear spare wheel carrier, could you tell me where is your number plate. Cheers for any help with this

Hi. When the factory spare wheel carrier was fitted, the rear door moulding was changed to one with the number plate mounting offset to the left.   I've been trying to locate a picture to help you, but don't have one.  Let me know if you'd like me to post one and I will do it tomorrow - weather permitting.

I'm in the process of designing an arrangement so I can replace the spare wheel with a removable rack to take 2 x jerrycans.  When we are touring, the wheel will go under the rear floor in the standard location. I've got the winch to do this, but haven't yet fitted it.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics courtesy of Vijay   Smile

stlouie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheer for that helps me alot,been scratching my head over this.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Glad it's helpful.

There's an additional advantage of this spare wheel mount, I discovered a couple of days ago when I reversed at a very slow speed into a lamp-post.  Embarassed   The tyre acts as an excellent buffer stop. I got a shock when I saw the angle of the lamp post in the door mirror.  It looked like it was about to fall over. Then I realised it was just the distortion from the curved mirror surface.  Laughing
stlouie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye, will help me to, a bit tight where I park, I fitted the carrier because I'm running mine on 33" ,cannot get wheel under.
stlouie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of a rear diff lock, what are you using, the 2 lads i go with have defenders and I love my challenger so I am not going to change it, but sometimes struggle with back end with no diff lock.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlouie wrote:
Ye, will help me to, a bit tight where I park, I fitted the carrier because I'm running mine on 33" ,cannot get wheel under.

Did you fit a factory spare wheel mount? If so, is the reinforced rear pillar standard so that you could bolt through? What about the catch on the bumper?

Photos please!  Wink
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlouie wrote:
I'm thinking of a rear diff lock, what are you using, the 2 lads i go with have defenders and I love my challenger so I am not going to change it, but sometimes struggle with back end with no diff lock.

Mine's got open diffs. I was tempted to fit a rear diff lock, but to be honest I don't need it for what I do. When I do go off-road it's generally on mountain trails in Europe and because we are on our own I can't tackle anything too difficult. There's often no mobile phone coverage and we can be many miles from a main road.  I have done some off-roading in the UK with Defenders and my Challenger hasn't let the side down.

I believe the 4.9 diff is the same as the Pajero, but the half shafts need swapping out too as the splines are different. I am not convinced the Pajero half-shafts will fit a Challenger axle, but it's possible.
stlouie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that about rear diff, the carrier took me most of the day to fit, but I did bolt it on in the end, it is a factory one, hard job on your own, made up double big washers for the inside, but looks ok.
Dougelove

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
I suppose that with modern cars being so complex, young blokes don't get the experience of buying an old banger and doing it up. They don't seem to have the practical skills anyway.

Maybe they are put off driving as these days "driving" seems to mean sitting in traffic most of the time.

Reminds me when I took my MK1 golf cabby to VW to see if they could help me with an issue. I spent the first half hour laughing with the mechanic, watching the suited spotty kid ferret around my car looking for the OBD! Then I told him to get a mechanic to have a look!  Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: