Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

fuel additive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob05

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 15:41    Post subject: fuel additive Reply with quote

hi guys has anybody ever used any kind of fuel additive on a 3.2 2001 diesel if so which one
thanks rob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 15:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archoil 6400-d as a fuel system cleaner. Used when I first got it and was noticeably smoother and mpg improved 5 miles.
I’ve used BG244 or Archoil 6400-d after I had a Mondeo fail it’s smoke test on the MOT. On retest it was 1.35 out 3, year later and after another dose it wa scdown to 0.16 were it stayed get annual treatments. Only went onto Archoil from BG244 due to getting it in bulk otherwise not much between them.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's a MkII and I use Archoil 6900 DMax.

Engine runs cleaner and smoother - a bit more power and mpg went from 19mpg to 25mpg

See HERE

It is a fuel system cleaner and lubricant but also contains a Cetane booster which makes ordinary diesel perform like the expensive stuff.
mof000

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:
Mine's a MkII and I use Archoil 6900 DMax.

Engine runs cleaner and smoother - a bit more power and mpg went from 19mpg to 25mpg

See HERE

It is a fuel system cleaner and lubricant but also contains a Cetane booster which makes ordinary diesel perform like the expensive stuff.

I'm still running this in my 3.2!
Les N .

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a interest in using 200 ml of two stroke oil to a tank of fuel before , this was used as a cetane improver to over come the adding  of bio fuel , the engine ran quitter and smooth  but I didn't notice any better mpg , this was NOT in a Mitsubishi .
Merc if I remember did a lot of research with this and there were pages of reports from Landrover to , I don't know if folk still use it .
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always put two stroke oil in mine - to protect the front fuel pump seal.

Since diesel has gone "low sulphur" it doesn't lubricate the seal properly so adding two stroke oil corrects that.

AFAIK two stroke oil doesn't improve the cetane rating of diesel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: