eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Gear shifting issue

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smith2

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:00    Post subject: Gear shifting issue Reply with quote

Mitsubishi Pajero 1996 2800cc diesel intercooler automatic.
i am having issues with my auto transmission. it does not shift to the fourth gear. i am having this problem since i changed the oil fluid and the kick down cable. there is no unusual sound from the gear, it is same as it was before. the shifting is perfect, but only it does not shift to the 4th gear!
i have also checked my overdrive button and that is not the issue.
my mechanic told me that reason could be the kickback cable and he replaced it again with the new one.
still i m having the same problem

PLEASE HELP!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Restorer79

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi: Tell your Mechanic to check the adjustment on the Kickdown cable to make sure there's not too much play in it.
smith2

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restorer79 wrote:
Hi: Tell your Mechanic to check the adjustment on the Kickdown cable to make sure there's not too much play in it.

i checked it is about 30mm of play in kick down cable and about no play in throttle cable. is there a fuse or relay that is related to automatic gear?
smith2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

please people help. I took my car to the mechanic and he screwed me more. he made me change the gear box. now the o/d is not working and still the 4th gear in not shifting.
Please Help. Question
gegs750k4

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

factory standard for adjustment of the cable is 35mm if i remember correctly.
if this started happening after you changed the fluid then i would guess there's either too much in or not enough. you adjusted the original cable so you could have sent the adjustment out then. I think changing the box is way over the top though Rolling Eyes
gegs750k4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

part way down the page m8 is the kick-down cable set-up diagram, it should give you some ideas if you read all the thread

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50119
smith2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply man. i have arranged the kickdown cable. while i  was doing that i saw that some of my cables near the diesel pump were chewed (rat maybe). do you think that may be the problem? . if you can help me what wire goes to where on engine and all.
give me you email so that i can send you the pics
Si7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the chewed cable blue & white?
Si7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the overdrive lockout sensor arrowed in red, prevents overdrive engaging until engine temperature is up, if this wire has been chewed through your O/D will be disabled :

smith2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si7 wrote:
Here's the overdrive lockout sensor arrowed in red, prevents overdrive engaging until engine temperature is up, if this wire has been chewed through your O/D will be disabled :

I am really thankful to you sir. It was the blue and white colour wire near the pump was chewed. after placing it back the car is normal. The gear is now shifting to the 4th gear. I love to have my car back on road.  SO IF THERE IS A SHIFTING ISSUE TO THE 4TH GEAR ONE SHOULD CHECK THE blue AND white CABLE UNDER THE HOOD.

I really don't know the words i can use to thank you. This problem had made me so frustrated that i was going to scrap the car. Even the experienced mechanic i know couldn't solve.
THANKS AGAIN SIR!!!
mrtimmy1986

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit there,

sorry to put a old topic up again, but is there anyone who has a photo of the "blue/white" wire.? Cause I got the same problem with my Pajero 1988 4d56 Automatic

I've made a thread in the Welcome Area , so you know who I am and what car I drive

Cheers
Tim
mabungwa

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys i want a picture of  overdrive lockout sensor and if possible wiring diagram in color
CorporalJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51    Post subject: Gear shifting issue Reply with quote

On a similar thread to others. I have bought a SWB 3.3 Shogun Auto. (2012 Reg). It had only 28,000 miles on the clock and had been standing about as there was evidence of green slime in the crevices on the roof drains. All was well for a few weeks and then the vehicle developed some alarming traits. Firstly intermittent violent vibration in the steering at moderate to high speeds. Then the vehicle would go into limp home mode. A couple of times while using the cruise control at 70mph under light braking it actually changed down and accelerated causing me to push harder on the brake pedal. Fortunately it cleared straight away and slowed down. During this time I had the switch on the brake pedal changed as trying to get into gear from park was becoming an issue. Now I’ve had new brakes (callipers,pads and discs all round as the callipers were siezed). Now the vehicle intermittently (after being driven for a short while) sticks in low gears and will not change up. Again it has gone into limp home mode which has cleared after a short while following applying the brakes. My garage cannot find any faults when plugged into the computer. Anyone got any ideas?
arung19

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:47    Post subject: V4AW3 shifting problem on 6G74 Reply with quote

some one ..can suggest ...how i can sort it out ......

not shifting to 4th gear .....
CorporalJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 15:41    Post subject: Re: Gear shifting issue Reply with quote

CorporalJ wrote:
On a similar thread to others. I have bought a SWB 3.3 Shogun Auto. (2012 Reg). It had only 28,000 miles on the clock and had been standing about as there was evidence of green slime in the crevices on the roof drains. All was well for a few weeks and then the vehicle developed some alarming traits. Firstly intermittent violent vibration in the steering at moderate to high speeds. Then the vehicle would go into limp home mode. A couple of times while using the cruise control at 70mph under light braking it actually changed down and accelerated causing me to push harder on the brake pedal. Fortunately it cleared straight away and slowed down. During this time I had the switch on the brake pedal changed as trying to get into gear from park was becoming an issue. Now I’ve had new brakes (callipers,pads and discs all round as the callipers were siezed). Now the vehicle intermittently (after being driven for a short while) sticks in low gears and will not change up. Again it has gone into limp home mode which has cleared after a short while following applying the brakes. My garage cannot find any faults when plugged into the computer. Anyone got any ideas?

This has now been sorted. It was the brake pressure sensor £1700 + VAT and fitting meant a total bill of over £2500.00. Paid for on warranty thank goodness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: