2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Re-map my sport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willie59

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 20:06    Post subject: Re-map my sport Reply with quote

hiya from a newby
Can anyone tell me, or recomend somewhere in the northeast to get my S/Sport 2.5td 2003 remapped,
car is running spot on just need a little more overtaking grunt
Many thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 20:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

brownatron

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think the ecu is remappable ,on mine i went for a ralliart plug in and gives a little more oomph on take offs and over taking
keep an eye out on fleabay for em
willie59

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownatron wrote:
i dont think the ecu is remappable ,on mine i went for a ralliart plug in and gives a little more oomph on take offs and over taking
keep an eye out on fleabay for em

hiya mate
thanks for the reply, since i posted this ive had a guy try to map it and failed, but i am booked into a garage in Durham on monday who say they can def remapp it, so thanks for the info and watch this space, lol
brownatron

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope it goes well mate,keep us updated on how it went price any gains etc,im sure a few others on here would love to know as the ralliart boxes are getting a bit scarce now  Very Happy
willie59

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi brownatron
remapp didnt happen as you said earlier couldnt be mapped, wasted trip, so had a tuning box fitted and now my car is very sick, engine hunting on idle and lots of grey/black smoke out of the exhaust
disconnected the box by the way
willie59

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi brownatron
remapp didnt happen as you said earlier couldnt be mapped, wasted trip, didnt go in the end. so had a tuning box fitted and now my car is very sick, engine hunting on idle and lots of grey/black smoke out of the exhaust
willie59

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

willie59 wrote:
hi brownatron
remapp didnt happen as you said earlier couldnt be mapped, wasted trip, didnt go in the end. so had a tuning box fitted and now my car is very sick, engine hunting on idle and lots of grey/black smoke out of the exhaust

had a mobile mechanic look at my car, and it turns out that it was the shoddy workmanship on fitting the box that was the problem, they broke into the harness to the fuel pump and soldered two wires to the wiring, but didnt insulate them properly and they were touching causing all my problems, i wont name them at the moment as im supposed to be getting re-embursed for my expenses, but the attitude of the owner was shocking, passed the buck straight away.
watch this space because i think everyone should know who they are
K1100RS

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just had my Sport remapped and what a differeance. Could be another car. More grunt and far more useable power band. I had one of those plug and play boxes before (in fact I had two) and they are RUBBISH in comparison to a proper ECU remap. To tell you the truth the car ran better cold without the plug and play box as with it. I will never install one again. Do your selves a favour and go to people who knmow what they are doing......you won't regret it.
R
havoc5

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 15:06    Post subject: REmap Reply with quote

Where did you get it remapped?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: