Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

DPF Replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
medicman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:44    Post subject: DPF Replacement Reply with quote

Hi guys

Has anyone on here replaced their DPF "Diesel Particulate Filter" mine is falling apart due to rust, its got a couple of holes in it and concerned it might fail the next MOT.

Mitsubishi want 2K to fit a new one.

Thanks in advance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Bigned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milner have them up for £266, its then the pain of fitting it. When looking at mine I have noticed that the fittings on the pipes going to the DPF have just about disappeared, wondering if mitsi can supply them
woodie106

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the boat myself. i've had to put a stainless steel strap around my dpf as the brackets have rusted off, although it did pass its MOT with that fitted.
I have found a dpf on ebay for £160 today  - link below - trouble is I can't seem to find any confirmation this is the right part number - anyone got an idea what the part number should be for the dpf on a lwb?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Mitsubishi-Shogun-MK4-3-2-Di-D-EEC-Exhaust-Diesel-Particulate-Filter-DPF/361561164565
medicman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi woodie how did you get on replacing your DPF ?? Mines has just fallen apart with gungum holding it together at the moment,

I’ve got it booked in to local Mitsubishi dealer for replacement with aftermarket part next week at £650 including fitting and vat,

Didn’t want to spend that much money on it but felt I had little choice, didn’t want to tackle it myself.

Thanks in advance
ALFONSO

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:04    Post subject: dpf Reply with quote

got mine from cats2u including pipes about £300
ALFONSO

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:09    Post subject: dpf Reply with quote

when fitting new dpf the heat sensor needs to be removed and it is siezed in most cases and will snap off when excess force is used new only available from mitsi
medicman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that ALFONZO the reply is much appreciated, don’t seem to get many these days,

I’ve seen them on eBay for that kind of money and was tempted but was worried about all the pipes that are attached and that

sensor worried me, I had visions of it snapping off and then the added expense and time of trying to source one from somewhere,

So I thought I’d take the hit from Mitsubishi and let them worry about it, I’ve got a fitted price regardless of what happens to it.

Thanks again.
medicman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that’s it done, new DPF fitted £743 up from £650 due to both external pipes also having to be replaced due to corrosion,

thankfully the heat sensor probe came out ok, didn’t want to spend that much but felt I had little choice, didn’t want to tackle it myself,

Never mind it should last a few years and it definitely sounds much better, think it might be moving a bit better as well,

Wonder what’s next to go, old cars eh, I’ve been getting it tight from friends and family about moving it on but I canny part with it,

As I get older I become more attached to things and me old shogun is something I love and trust, it would be like putting the dog down just because it’s old,

Anyway thanks again for your replies and here’s to more happy years driving my shogun,

It could always be worse, I could own a Land Rover.
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant win really,buy brand new and although warranty covers most things for 3 years depreciation becomes the big hit if you sell and decide to buy brand new again.buy one three years or older then you have to start forking out for repairs,after about 10 to 12 years old can be the sweet spot .you can buy a good used one at the fraction of the cost of new and still have same level of comfort and hopefully a lot of the things that can go wrong have been done by previous owners,and if something major goes wrong you haven't lost that much money Laughing i know what you mean about getting under your skin,i still have my 2.8 parked up,but dont seem to have the will power to get rid of the old girl,owned it for 12 years and it never left me stranded once and that was me covering 170,000 miles and it had 80 thousand on it when i brought it so 250,000 total.just hope this one is half as reliable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: