eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Upper Wishbone 1991 2.5 TD Exceed LWB

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etclarke

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

just used this guide to replace both my upper wishbones. thanks a lot for this.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 20:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

dransy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does front end feel after new bushes fitted
Skipper Jolly
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:13    Post subject: Wishbones - you ony say it once! Reply with quote

Glad it was of help - it was a few years ago now that I did it (and I sold that Paj two years ago) and I made sure the Mk1 I have now didn't have similar problems! Once bit . . . . !
Happy motoring!
etclarke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

still got to bleed the brakes, then it's off for it's retest so i'll let you know, i suspect the tracking is miles out as i replaced both track rod ends whilst i was at it!
OnlyMe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:19    Post subject: Finally done mine Reply with quote

Finally did mine and thanks to this fantastic step by step guide which helped me a lot I've done it .
didn't go as smoothly as it says but pretty much so ( if I had to have written this whilst doing it I'd could have slipped a few controversial words in as I smashed my knuckles for the god knows how many times ) but would just like to add it's not for the faint hearted lol.
Air gun would have been nice just to cracking them seized nuts and bolts , could only do the one with the spanner through the inner arch so had to look at the cracking the nut which is basically in the engine bay and a power bar was the only way I could see of doing it so off I went. Stop !! To get a shallow socket plus the power bar on -
Drivers side -alternator in the way had to come off , air box both easy enough and part from a few pipes here and there nuts went sweet as a "Nut" get it lol
passenger side -battery tray and a few bits of wiring bolted here and there no big "shock" ______ sorry lol .
but yea it can be done but a good tool box and a lot of patience and a lot of WD40 will help a lot.
What I would say is if you've just stumbled across this post save it because if you ever have to attempt this you will know what your looking for and the way I look at it I've saved at least £200, in garage labour , one garage quoted me £150 a side lol . I did both sides for £100  (second hand but mint)
on a scale of 1-10 I'd say this is a 5 to do so good luck my fellow poc members and thanks to the original poster of this post  headbang
etclarke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

wd and a blow lamp... glad you got it sorted. I made the foolish error of buying non-serviceable wishbones from milners. one year on and they had to replace the ball joints under warranty. i guess i got lucky really.
saint_nz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it still possible to do the drivers side without removing alternator etc? I will be using a rattle gun so hopefully that will help...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: