Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Spare wheel chain problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oddjobber23

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 18:04    Post subject: Spare wheel chain problem Reply with quote

Hello, I apologise if this is the wrong forum but I could not find anything that matches.  I took my 2002 3.0 V6 Shogun Sport Animal into the tyre place today to have a repair of a puncture done.As I was not keen on having the repaired one on the front of the car I asked the chap to take the spare out from under the car and swap it for the repaired one on the front.When he unwound the spare chain he did it all the way and the chain dropped to the floor. He had no idea as to how to return it to where ever it should be and my days of crawling around on the ground and under cars has long gone.What I need is some information as to how to return the chain to where it should be and replace the spare wheel to its designated point as I would be getting my son to crawl about while I direct from above.I really would appreciate any advice you may be able to give me.
Best regards, Alan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 18:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simon_W

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this:

"It is a fiddly job to do!
The winder (aka winch) needs to be removed from the upper frame (chassis), requires patience and dexterity to undo the bolts holding it in place. Car ramps or a hoist make it easier.
Once winder is removed then cover must come off so chain can be wound back on.
Caution it can can on both ways but only one way is correct , do it wrong and the chain slips on the pulley under load and you have to remove it again.
End of chain attaches to hook so once end of chain is attached then bend it over. I also put an M6x30 bolt and nut through a chainlink near the hook to prevented the chain from being wound off as the hook retention is weak.
Whist it is apart it is worthwhile doing some shimming and lubrication as per my mod post, if you are mechanically handy, as this improves the operation of the winder."

Source: https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=57792
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: