Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Remote start alarm help

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caseyj

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 22:45    Post subject: Remote start alarm help Reply with quote

In process of fitting a 2 way pager alarm with remote start. Most of wiring is sorted but need to fit a sensing wire to glow plug light to make the remote start wait for light to go out. Need to know what colour and location of wire to glow plug light or signal wire from maybe the glow plug relay might be an option. Any help gratefully received.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 22:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simon_W

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vehicle model, engine, year?
caseyj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.8 pajero mk2 1996. Cheers
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case I think yours will have the 'Autoglow' glow plug control system, with two lights. (Mine has a different system).

The easiest thing to do is to remove the instrument binnacle and trace the printed circuit from the light back to the connector at the top of the binnacle.  

The problem you might have is that the green light comes on only after the pre-heat light goes off.  So the remote start might sense the green light 'off' on starting its cycle and think the plugs have warmed up.  It may require a bit of circuitry to provide your remote start controller with the input from both indicator lamps together.

I fitted one of these gadgets to my Challenger last year. It's good fun, but I've hardly used it.
caseyj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only have one light on mine which is orange coil light on the dash.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's much easier to implement. Just trace the circuit board, as I've suggested.  You can then put a test light on the wire to make sure you have the right one.   Somebody might have a wiring diagram to give you the colour, but it's really not necessary.
caseyj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main reason for fitting is that my immobiliser packed in last week so have removed old system and thought as I have to fit new system might aswell have the gadgets as well. I start my truck every morning and leave running on my drive before I leave
caseyj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assume it will involve taking the bincale out rather than trying to test wire behind steering cowl?
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

caseyj wrote:
Assume it will involve taking the bincale out rather than trying to test wire behind steering cowl?

That's what I'd do, yes. But I've got a Challenger which is different. I don't know how easy it is to remove the binnacle on the Paj.
caseyj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think it's pretty easy was hoping someone would know what wire it was to save me a job 😕 looks like I'm going to have to remove it . Cheers
caseyj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been wiring in alarm today. Took cluster out and followed circuit board from coil light to wire location on plug ( blue wire with black strip) . Test with multi meter whilst turning ign on and off to watch coil light but no change in signal too the wire but light goes on and off as it should.?? Stumped now and not sure what else to try. Any help please.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

caseyj wrote:
Been wiring in alarm today. Took cluster out and followed circuit board from coil light to wire location on plug ( blue wire with black strip) . Test with multi meter whilst turning ign on and off to watch coil light but no change in signal too the wire but light goes on and off as it should.?? Stumped now and not sure what else to try. Any help please.

If there's a change of state on the bulb, something has to be causing it.  On mine, it's the earth to the glow control lamp that's switched, so there's a permanent live the other side.  You should be able to pick up the earth switching by testing for a closed circuit to earth when the glow light is on.  I find a test light is much better for this kind of thing than a multimeter.
caseyj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did think about it being a switch earth bit could only find one earth for whole panel. Not for each circuit
Simon_W

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe somebody will come along with the correct wiring diagram and confirm it.  But whatever it is, you should be able to find out with a multimeter.
caseyj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried all afternoon to find correct wire , tested every wire I could find leading to the dash (I think). Hopefully some electrical wizard will be all g to point me in the right direction soon   Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: