Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Help identifying correct operation (orange flashing light)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
headrush

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 17:17    Post subject: Help identifying correct operation (orange flashing light) Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've had the orange flashing light issue since I got the car ( mk3, 2.5 pajero).
It never made a difference to the actual selection of the drive before. But suddenly it appears to be playing up.
What I could use, if anybody has the time and info, is the correct sequence of operations for the main actuator with the rod going into the transfer box, and also the correct actions for the solenoids (blue and yellow spot).
At the moment,  I've got a vacuum on the blue line all the way from the pump through the blue solenoid to the actuator while the lever is in basic 4wd.
At this stage there is no vacuum on the yellow side apart from the feed to the yellow solenoid.
I can't seem to get a feed to the actuator on the yellow line, no matter where the lever is, either 2wd or 4wd low lock.
The rod doesn't move.
If I swap the blue and yellow on the actuator the rod moves.

Can someone point out what should happen (lever placement and solenoid action) to see the yellow line get a vacuum at the actuator. Is it even supposed to?  (I'm guessing yes)

Thanks in advance.
Alan
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 17:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

headrush

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick edit. I'm guessing the yellow solenoid is at fault, but at over 100 quid new, I would like to do sensible tests first.
headrush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this really useful post from 2008.
http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=86298
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: