2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Antifreeze for 3.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joey.irl

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:01    Post subject: Antifreeze for 3.2 Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 3.2 pajero.I want do the antifreeze this week and wondering what antifreeze to use.

Is blue the correct type to use?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

SteveMilner

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 15:59    Post subject: Re: Antifreeze for 3.2 Reply with quote

joey.irl wrote:
I recently purchased a 3.2 pajero.I want do the antifreeze this week and wondering what antifreeze to use.

Is blue the correct type to use?

Pretty sure mine is orange, but I'm not sure the colour is the best method of selection.
alienidea
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either will do ..but don,t mix... fill with one or the other .
joey.irl

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can find online longlife with OAT is the way to go.I'll be flushing the system first so shouldn't be mixing.
JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

joey.irl wrote:
I'll be flushing the system first so shouldn't be mixing.

Is right. Mixing MPG/MEG with OAT coolant concentrate will cause gel to form that prevents the coolant from soaking away the heat in the jacket. However, if your vehicle has any components in the cooling system (Heater matrix, radiator, etc.) where brass and/or copper is used and joined with solder, then OAT will erode such connections and cause leaks. All varieties of coolant come in various colours, so this alone isn't a factor in what should or should not be mixed with what else but a glycol-based product must be used if there's any doubt and as you suppose; it's best to flush the system before refilling with either. Also, in mixed metal engines, use distilled water in the coolant mix as this will minimise the corrosion that can be seen as white, flaky stuff on aluminium components.

I don't currently own anything modern enough to use OAT safely and I always use a MPG (mono propylene glycol) rather than an MEG (mono ethylene glycol) based coolant as there are a great many cats in the village that I'd just as soon not kill in the event of a coolant leak from one of my cars. To them, the MEG tastes like a sweet treat but is fatal and nature didn't program cats to avoid the stuff, whereas the cats and other mammals can swig harmlessly at MPG all day long without harm to their innards. In the event of your local supplier of fluids for motors not keeping MPG-based products in, "Bitrex", a harmless substance that ruins the sweet taste of glycol based products can be added to any liquids to keep domestic animals away. Use this in tiny quantities, as little as the proportion of Angostura bitters you'd drip into a pink gin, as more won't be better, just more costly.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oat is the correct type and you only need to change it every 5 years or 60.000 miles, whichever is first.

Forget colour as this is misleading as it is only dye and you can dye the same anti freeze any colour.
markindevon

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of using Comma G30, would this be suitable?

https://www.commaoil.com/passenger-vehicles/products/view/351/XSR5L/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: