eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

3.2DiD Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbwoy84

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 18:27    Post subject: 3.2DiD Issues Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have a 2005 Shogun 3.2 DiD SWB Commercial, which I have been doing a complete bodywork restoration of, so it's been in my workshop for a couple of months.

Anyway, all of that is completed now and I was hoping to start driving it, but I have a couple of issues. It has started and driven around a small area with no issues until today, now suddenly it is smoking very badly (appears to be white) and appears to be misfiring. I have read the fault codes and the only one on the engine 51 - EGR Position Sensor. Now I have a new EGR Valve on order, which will hopefully be here tomorrow. Does it sound like this would cure that sort of thing on it's own? I'd like to clean any carbon out of the intake manifold/pipework also.

Secondly, all of the ABS/Traction Lights are on, plus the 4WD Light is flashing. Also, I can't quite work out whether it's in limp mode or stuck in 4L. I have read the codes for the ABS System etc and it came up with a long list:

14 - RL Sensor Open
13 - RR Sensor Open
12- FL Sensor Open
11 - FR Sensor Open
65 - G Sensor Self
71 - YAW Sensor Self
83 - ST No ADJ

When I cleared the codes, all disappears apart from the bottom one (83) and the two Rear Sensors. Does this combination point to anything? I  can try changing the two rear ABS sensors, but seems odd that 2 would suddenly be faulty together and all 4 initially showed as codes.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 18:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mof000

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine did exactly the same thing last year. My turbo was shot as was the EGR.
Mine is a 2004 3.2.
SteveW-DID

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the exhaust smell of unburnt diesel?
SunbeamFanatic

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABS/Traction Light constantly on can be linked to a faulty steering position sensor.

On mine, white smoke and loss of power turned out to be a couple of switches/relays under the engine that govern fuel supply.

Centre diff light flashing is a common pointer towards the Transfer Case switches being faulty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: