Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

very slow to warm up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 14:43    Post subject: very slow to warm up. Reply with quote

Is it normal for mk3 3.2 diesel to take an age to get up to temperature,it takes mine around 7 miles and then only shows 20 to 12 as shown on a clock face,never reached anywhere to half way mark,changed thermostat along with coolant in summer when i brought it,so not sure how it operated before,did replace with after market thermostat due to time constraints,would usually use genuine.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 14:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mof000

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know mine does although ive not really checked how many miles but i know it won't be far off your findings.
This time of year i take the Mrs Kuga as this is really speedy at getting warm. very annoying though...
Mark3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Paj related but my Year 2000 Toyota Previa petrol i used for work blows quite warm air out of the heater by the time im at the end of my road (200 yards) its incredible  Very Happy
JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark3 wrote:
Not Paj related but my Year 2000 Toyota Previa petrol i used for work blows quite warm air out of the heater by the time im at the end of my road (200 yards) its incredible  Very Happy

Same with my '05 Gen 1 bB, must be a Toyota thing! Embarassed The Pajero Mini used to take up about a mile to even start to blow warm air, this because the viscous fluid in its factory fan coupling only really freed up once the engine was warmed through Rolling Eyes . One scrapyard (Peugeot 305 van) electric fan motor and a few parts from AES later, and she's warm by the top of the village, some half a mile from my place. Bonus to this arrangement is that the electric fan can be locked off when it's not running, so I can drive through a ford that saves me three miles of journey distance and that can drown a great many larger 4x4s.
Cool

Idea Do the larger Pajeros have viscous fans? Wink
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,they have viscous fans.this morning 0 degrees and almost 2 miles before the needle showed any movement, a full six miles to get up to temperature and then sits way under the halfway mark,i think being auto doesn't help,as it seems to change gear just before 2000rpm and is only sitting at 1200 at 30/35 mph.my 2.8 used to heat up faster than that.do the temp gauge usually sit at around 20 to 12 position when fully warmed up,or could i have a dodgy thermostat,200 yards,What a luxury to have a car that heated up in that short time Laughing
alienidea
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

After buying my 3.2 the first thing i did was change out the coolant and thermostat june 2018 ..and it take,s mine about 5 to 6 miles before i start to feel heat out of the vents but still demists . S o i think it,s normal  Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: