Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

1997 Pajero GDI problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riaanvt

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:49    Post subject: 1997 Pajero GDI problems Reply with quote

Good day all.

I'm Riaan.

Thank you for the add.

I'm new here and new to the Pajero's , I hope you can help as I'm in Botswana (Francistown) and good help is hard to find here.
I just got a 1997 Pajero 3.5 GDI SWB from Japan.
1. As I drove the car is was pulling good (very strong) up to 4000 RPM then lost power but will rev up tp 6000 RPM.
I then decided to do the following , Oil, Oil filter , fuel filter and air filter.
After doing this (The basics ) the car would start but not idle.
If I push the accelerator it would start and idle up to 2000 RPM but will not rev up. The engine light started to flash.
I disconnected the battery to see if it would reset the light. This worked but then the car will idle (Now and then) but will not rev more than 3000 RPM .
I could not get 100% the correct fuel filter so I assumed it could be a flow problem and I have put the old filter back.
After doing this the same problem accrued with no idle.
I then removed the throttle body with the butterfly motor and sensor on the opposite side. I cleaned everything marking where everything goes and re assemble and fit to car.
Problem was still there. I then looked at the pump in the tank and found this to be new but tank was dirty. I removed the tank and rinsed it out and refitted.
Same problem.
Then I notice that if I get the car started and I touch the brake (Lights on only) I hear a knocking sound and the car wants to die. I found a solenoid under the Throttle body
with a white cone opening and closing . If I disconnect the plug the car does not wat to start at all.

Please advice and any comments are welcome.

Thank you
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Keith-i

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it won't rev above 3,000 that is usually due to a fuel pressure problem which according to my research is due to blocked microfilters in the high pressure fuel pump. I'd try these, there's a sticky about it at the top of the petrol specific forum.
riaanvt

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith-i wrote:
If it won't rev above 3,000 that is usually due to a fuel pressure problem which according to my research is due to blocked microfilters in the high pressure fuel pump. I'd try these, there's a sticky about it at the top of the petrol specific forum.

Thank you for this.

I did remove the micro filters and cleaned the intake that was full of carbon (Nightmare to do) and tested .
I get the car to start after about 5 attempts then let it idle fir 10 min. It idles at 1000rpm with no engine light but still
will not rev more than 3000rpm.
I'm just about to give up on Pajero …….  Shocked
I have a friend with a Pajero and will have his car to test all my sensors.
O yea I did remove the Cat too so no block could do this.

Thanks .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: