QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Tape player replacement on 05 3.2 DiD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fungus
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 14:56    Post subject: Tape player replacement on 05 3.2 DiD Reply with quote

Hi guys.
Well I'm back after being paj less for a while. Got me a nice clean Shogun now but wanna
replace the head unit. Trouble is I want to keep the LCD display above the head unit working
It doesn't have trip/ fuel info as mines a diesel. But does have fan outside temp and time/date. If I pull the head unit and replace with a newer aftermarket will it balls up the display or show an error message
Cheers for any help in advance
Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 14:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Fungus
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake. It's an 02 doh! LCD display is at top of console above a small shelf which is above the radio. Heater controls are below the radio.
I've been playing and noticed when the radio is switched off the heater/date/time display is still on. Only the radio information is blank. This leads me to think as long as the power to the LCD is ok everything should work normally as I doubt the heater control messages are linked through the radio.
I may be wrong so any advice is appreciated. I don't want to pull the radio as it's coded and I don't have the code
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my factory one out and fitted a sony head unit you should only loose the radio and cd information the rest will remain on the LCD as its nothing to do with the head unit
bigalan

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a perfectly good unit from my 05 Shogun sat in the garage, if you have a pic or a model number I can check if it’s the same as yours, mine needs no code to work sat nav or anything.
Fungus
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. New head unit fitted and working
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: