eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rear heater compleate removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKoverland

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 20:33    Post subject: Rear heater compleate removal Reply with quote

wondering if there is a simple way to remove the rear heater and pipes. Does anyone know of a kit to cap off pipes at front? I will be removing the rear of the body to make way for a camper conversion on my MK2 2.8 Shogun.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 20:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simon_W

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd cut the hoses and then seal them both with small bore copper pipe and end caps. Use hose clips to secure in place. Don't just connect the hoses together near the engine bay as it will apparently starve the other heater matrix.

A camper conversion!  Smile   Interesting project.  Please post some photos when you can.
JKoverland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that makes sense, do you happen to know the sizes?

Yes a camper on the back, in planning stages at the moment. I will post photos if can work out how to get them on the forum  Laughing
Simon_W

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

JKoverland wrote:
Ok that makes sense, do you happen to know the sizes?

Yes a camper on the back, in planning stages at the moment. I will post photos if can work out how to get them on the forum  Laughing

No, I don't know the sizes I'm afraid. I assume the hoses must go over spigots somewhere - maybe you can measure the OD of the spigot to get the ID of the hose?

To include photo links you'll need to make some more posts first - around 10.  Then you'll need to use a third party host such as Imgur.  Then embed links to your photos in your posts here. Happy to help if you need it.
JKoverland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to take a look to see where it will be suitable to remove or cut them. Thank you, i will experiment once i reach 10  Very Happy
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heater hoses from the engine go to the bulkhead for the front heater - before the bulkhead there is a Tee piece in each of the heater pipes.

Just remove the tee piece on each pipe and replace with a straight connector.

The tee pieces are between the engine block and the fuel filter - not easy to see or get to!

I haven't got a clue on the diameter though.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteinchad wrote:

Just remove the tee piece on each pipe and replace with a straight connector.

That's probably a neater solution than my suggestion.  Smile
JKoverland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that should be manageable, happy with that. Small area to work in so that will be fun  Laughing
JKoverland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know the inner diameter of the heater pipes?
Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve found that my pipes to the rear heater are leaking and will be bypassing them until I can replace then later in the year. I found the post below earlier which shows 15mm copper pipe and straight connectors used at the end for the rib to prevent them pulling free.

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=159274&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=heater&start=15
Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm I did mine today. I didn’t touch the T joint and instead removed the rubber pipes from the metal that go to the rear, clamping the rubber pipes with mole grips to prevent further coolant loss. I then used a few inches of 15mm with compression end caps fitted to block the rubber pipes. It’s a tight fit and having the compression end cap means you can use a ratchet to twist it into the pipe then secure with the hose clamps. Once you’ve capped the rubber pipes zip tie them out of the way to prevent them banging about underneath.
Access is easy enough. Jack the front end up or put it on ramps. Go in from the drivers side under the door and you can see the rubber pipers, look a bit higher and you see the metal pipes going up and over the fuel tank.

Come the summer I will probably recommission the rear heater with the micro bore pipe.
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig-SM wrote:
Just to confirm I did mine today. I didn’t touch the T joint and instead removed the rubber pipes from the metal that go to the rear, clamping the rubber pipes with mole grips to prevent further coolant loss. I then used a few inches of 15mm with compression end caps fitted to block the rubber pipes. It’s a tight fit and having the compression end cap means you can use a ratchet to twist it into the pipe then secure with the hose clamps. Once you’ve capped the rubber pipes zip tie them out of the way to prevent them banging about underneath.
Access is easy enough. Jack the front end up or put it on ramps. Go in from the drivers side under the door and you can see the rubber pipers, look a bit higher and you see the metal pipes going up and over the fuel tank.

Come the summer I will probably recommission the rear heater with the micro bore pipe.

Good write up, thank's for posting your solution I'm sure it will help others ,  Wink
NJV6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed mine and joined mine at the firewall and had no trouble with heating. Then I had the engine out one day and joined the T fitting into a straight and tidied it all up  as peteinchad wrote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: