Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Alternator charging question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsjeep

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 15:32    Post subject: Alternator charging question Reply with quote

Hi,  I have mk4 2007 and the alternator has the 4 pin connector but only 2 wires, is this normal?

Also,  it was charging high at 15.8 volts, and frying batteries and battery light was on in dash,   so purchased a new alternator (mk4, 4 pin) to hopefully fix the problem ,  and now it's charging at 18 to 19 volts !!!!!  

Do you think it's a faulty new alternator,  or should there be 4 wires at the socket not 2,  and should the car regulate the voltage not the alternator?  

Any ideas folks 😐
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 15:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Output voltage should be around 14.4V and that is controlled BT the rectifier/regulator in the alternator. I think this is a replaceable part.
As for the wires I thought that each had a wire but couldn’t swear to it.
samsjeep

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something strange here,   brand new alternator fitted  kicking out 18v , battery light on, and if I rev her I lose dash lights and abs light comes on,  obviously because of over charge voltage.

Strange I only have 2 wires with a 4 pin connector,  anyone any ideas please.     Maybe I should buy a mk3 alternator and change the connector to a 2 pin.  !?  

Very strange  😮
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: