2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

buying advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vorlon

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 0:23    Post subject: buying advice Reply with quote

Folks,

need some buying advice for my next purchase.  Got about 20 to 25k to spend (uk).  Here is where my messed up head is at...…………..

do about 40 miles per day, motorway and urban
do need 7 seats for the odd occasion all of my older children want to go somewhere.
currently having the life sucked out of me driving a zafira and have decided that since I need 7 seats the only option is a 4x4 where at least you get joy of driving a car unlike a people carrier
got rid of my Pejero LWB back in 2008 (stunning blue and silver) and a few other 4x4s prior to that
originally coming from a rural part of the country there is the natural draw towards a 4x4 and a bit of class.
dont do off roading, but like the idea that i can in case of either snow or the end of the world

the journey of my investigations...………..

Disco 4 just for the badge and love the shape.  Then with much research looked into a santa fe which has pretty good write ups.  But no matter what i looked at I always ended back looking at the Disco, heart ruling the head.  No matter how much i told myself they were unreliable i would still have a peak

Then like some kind of lightbulb moment I realised the answer was staring me in the face........a Shogun

Ever since then i have never looked at another disco as i know that woud be a mental idea.  I loved my pejero, king of the road

so my search for the perfect shogun is in place probibly looking at about a 15 or 16 plate with 30k on the clock for an SG3 or 4

sounds perfect.   Then the outlander caught my eye where i can get an 18 plate with less than 10k on the clock for the same money, dont want the PHEV but the whole newer car thing did have a certain appeal

So the choice comes down to either the shogun or outlander.  Both diffrent and I now it is a personnal choice.  But an older shogun or a newer outlander?

Since it is only occasional use for the 7 seats does the space the shogun offers out weigh the savings on fuel and possible tax the outlander should provide.  The big plus for the outlander is the rear seats come up independantly as opposed to the shogun where is is just one big seat.  but the shogun looks the part and looks like a proper car where the outlander looks like most of its rivals

thoughts?

Many thanks

Stephen
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 0:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: