2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2007 - auto gearbox inhibitor switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poopyfish

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 16:16    Post subject: 2007 - auto gearbox inhibitor switch Reply with quote

Hi all,

our shogun developed a starting problem, we assumed starter or solenoid, turns out it is an issue with the "inhibitor switch" on the auto box. Now a few days before this happened the shifter got a bit stiffer than normal but we thought nothing of it at the time.

The truck then only started intermittently when either in park or neutral..... managed to start and get to my garage today.

So far been quoted £168 from mitzi for new switch, is this common issue or should i be looking for something else, was the stiffness in the shifter related?

We have checked fluid in gearbox and its clear and up to level. when driving she pulls beautifully through all gears.

any suggestions welcome...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 16:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this on a mk2 and i wasn't prepared to pay out that much money, so i took the switch off cleaned it up and regreased it, refitted it took awhile to align it but problem solved wasn't too bad of a job just old grease and gunk stopping the contacts. I'm not sure how different the mk3s are as i haven't looked at mine yet or even the mk4s but may be a cheaper option if possible to clean the switch and refit.
Pete on here did his (mk2 again) and he took pictures so may be of some help
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the guide Pete did on his mk2 it might help you

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168828&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
poopyfish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link,

as i was reading this my mechanic called and said the same thing... so we have opted to give it a whirl and try cleaning the old one... i have a price on a second hand switch @ £75 so even if it takes him a coupe of hours to do thats only £50.

saves me a job and has gotta be worth a shot! ill ask him for photos to see what it looks like.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its the same as my one it should take less than an hour to remove clean and refit, its not a big job at all
poopyfish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

the old one was cleaned and replaced, the truck would only start in neutral, must be something else adrift we cant see, mechanic said contacts were rough... So opted for a 2nd hand unit off a running vehicle... want it working correctly, will keep u posted.
poopyfish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

update:
2nd hand switch from breakers was duff and got sent back, the truck would only start in neutral so opted for genuine new switch direct from mitzi £168 - truck now running a treat... until the next issue. thanks for help.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you got it sorted even though a little bit pricey but it works hopefully problem free for a while!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: