QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Dashboard lights and gear box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derek chandler

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:44    Post subject: Dashboard lights and gear box Reply with quote

Morning all
Apologies if this is in wrong section of forum but been reading post on here and need some help with my pajero wile driveing I noticed that dash lights were acting weird first I noticed that at/temp light was slightly glowing so as she was hot checked gearbox level and the colour the level was a little low so topped up and colour is still redish so the drove pajero again to see if it did it again and it is and I also noticed that the battery and water in fuel filter light now comes on when I rev paj even if car is stood still and I increase revs the lights glow so checked batterys with avo meter and getting 14.5volts at batterys and also getting same reading on inside volt meter.? And all belts are in good nick too and tight too so thing im asking the wise ones on here is what else can it be were else do i need to look what else could be wrong hope some one can help sorry to waffle on but trying give you all information on what iv done and what's going on regards Derek
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168117&highlight=three+lights
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternator  Question
derek chandler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22    Post subject: Dash light and gearbox Reply with quote

kenthepipe wrote:
Alternator  Question

Many thanks for the replys whats the best way to test and check the alternator is it something i can do or a auto electic job? Any surgestions would be great

Regards derek
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 15:01    Post subject: Re: Dash light and gearbox Reply with quote

derek chandler wrote:
kenthepipe wrote:
Alternator  Question

Many thanks for the replys whats the best way to test and check the alternator is it something i can do or a auto electic job? Any surgestions would be great

Regards derek

Hi Derek, I took mine to an auto electrics place and they fixed it, I think it was the rectifier off hand but not too sure as it was a while back now.
2.25diesel

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alternator on my MK1 failed last year.

Unfortunately both the rectifier and regulator were inside the alternator, and require alterantor removal, disassembly and unsoldering to replace them. From looking at google images of the 2.8 alternator, I assume it will be the same situation on your 2.8.

These parts are available separately if you think the alternator is worth repairing. The regulator unit also contains the brushes.

I ended up buying a complete replacement unit in the end as the rear bearing had spun in the alloy casing. This could also have happened with yours as it is apparently not uncommon.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends which type of alternator is fitted as some have a combined rectifier/regulator pack bolted to the outside of the alternator and can be taken off and replaced without removing the alternator; the obvious downside to this is the fact that the brushes and commutator are not checked.
derek chandler

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 19:11    Post subject: Dash board Reply with quote

Hi all sorry for late reply on this post but here goes took on board all of your advice on the issue and iv ended up with new alternator and replaced all three new belts at same time too
Once again many thanks for your help and support and comments too

Regards Derek
kenthepipe
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 20:21    Post subject: Re: Dash board Reply with quote

derek chandler wrote:
Hi all sorry for late reply on this post but here goes took on board all of your advice on the issue and iv ended up with new alternator and replaced all three new belts at same time too
Once again many thanks for your help and support and comments too

Regards Derek
 at least your sorted now !  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: