Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Manual transmission? Paj Evo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agrabau

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 0:06    Post subject: Manual transmission? Paj Evo Reply with quote

Edit- I see that it did by some posts on this forum. I had no idea. Does anyone have production figures for manual versus automatic?

Did the Paj Evo ever come in a manual transmission? I've never seen one but I'm being told by an importer that it did.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Alex
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 0:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

they did but the manual transmission ones a rare,i have seen a few on fleabay uk over the years,i have got know idea what the gearing ratios would have been though Wink
JOHNVOR

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there were some manual ones. The gearing is like any 3500v6 dohc pajero. The main diffrerence was the manual was with 4.636 diff ratio but the auto was 4.3.
offroad68

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agrabau I hope you do not mind me jumping on the back of this.

My pajero Evolution is now being fixed, it started life as a tiptronic but was converted to manual but not sure what gearbox has been used the area where the starter motor bolts go has been cut away and not very stright so I need another bell housing or gearbox but could do with finding out what vehicle the current gearbox has come off, the numbers on it are......

M01255A001

ME580812

3.918/ 0829

In the casting 60921 with S under it.

bar code A802785

Some . might be missing and S could be 5 and 0 could be o it is not to clear

If someone can tell me what this gearbox is from could you also tell me if it is the strongest to use in a pajero Evolution used in rallys with the exception of the proper Pajero evo manual gearbox unless you know of one for sale without taking out a second mortgage Smile

Thanks Lee.

Last edited by offroad68 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:20; edited 1 time in total
hutchy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you copy and paste your fist no ie this one (M01255A001) into google a lot of stuff in russian come up but translate it it may give you an idea... Wink
offroad68

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says....Mitsubishi Pajero, V14V, V26W, V24V , V25W, V24W, V34V, V23W, V24WG, V26WG, V21W, V46WG, V47WG, V26C, V25C, V24C, V44WG, V23C, V43W, V44W, V45W, V46W, V46V

I take it they are model numbers  Embarassed  

There is a complete running shogun 3.0 petrol manual GLS local to me I might be able to buy, looking under the car I can not see the numbers but it looks to be the same gear box, If it is and it drives ok I might buy that for the box and a few other bits.
hutchy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the v is the start of the chassis yours being an evo is V55 so i would only be using a box from a v55 or if you can find a v25 3.5 v6 model forget the 3 ltr one the box gearing ratio,s will all be cock Wink
offroad68

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very confused the second number seems to say it fits 3.0 and 3.5.
The 3rd number seems to be 2.5 diesel
The other 2 make no scence at all in fact one is a canadian pine christmas tree Laughing
hutchy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 3rd no looks like the gearing ratio....yes the second no says 3 and 3.5 but upto 1996 your evo will be 1997 onwards which is when they were first built and produced...end of the day you can only try but do not be surprised if you blow the box or rear diff Exclamation
Smokey_x

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total of M/T evo's build was 500 cars 100 in red color 200 in white and 200 in black never in silver. According to MMC Japan after 3 years of research I got those figures. And yes I own a White Manual transmission one.
Simon_W

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokey_x wrote:
Total of M/T evo's build was 500 cars 100 in red color 200 in white and 200 in black never in silver. According to MMC Japan after 3 years of research I got those figures. And yes I own a White Manual transmission one.

I thought the three colours were red, white, and silver.  Maybe all the black ones have since been resprayed silver!  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EVO discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: