Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero Evolution V55 suspension replacement to coilovers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO Mods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbytte

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 14:35    Post subject: Pajero Evolution V55 suspension replacement to coilovers Reply with quote

https://www.drive2.ru/l/3263450/
https://www.drive2.com/l/500494395502494158/

I saw the setup on a couple of Pajero Evolutions in Russia on www.drive2.ru and decided to do a bit of research on them. They are made by a Chinese company called KMan Suspension. They are actually quite good, and they don’t hide the fact that they are Chinese (unlike some other major companies). In short they are proudly Chinese and that to me meant they can stand by their product. Secondly from their website you can see they do a bit of rally raid and off-road racing and sponsor a couple of teams out there. So I decided to give it a shot.

Anyways, I contacted them through their website and after a few back and forth responses I got what I needed and they sent me a quote which I actioned. Being China the payment options we’re very limited btw. A guy called Victor was really really helpful (victor@kmansuspension.com). Two weeks later they had my product ready and shipped out.

So good start, they are legit!

The suspension arrived, I unboxed and here’s what I can say

Pros
1. They looked really nice and well packed.
2. Very high quality build for sure.
3. They came fully assembled and ready to fit. All we did was to cross check that everything was torqued well.
4. Front shocks are coilovers, with Eibach springs!!!

Cons
1. Mounting plates for the rebound canisters are not that good. I had to find my own ways of modifying fitment on the car’s wheel well.
2. Rear springs didn’t fit initially. They promised to get me a new set (so I will omit pictures of these until a future date)
3. Cost was slightly high, but honestly I think it was worth it.

Measurements.

Rear KM0008-02L/R
From top of nut shaft
Extended - 24” / 61cms
Compressed - 18.5” / 47.5cm
From end of shock travel plate (not sure what to call it)
Extended - 21.5” / 54.5cms
Compressed - 16” / 41cms

Rear shock travel = 5.5" / 13.5cms thereabouts

Front KM0007-02L/R
Sorry I didn’t get measurements of these as they were already fitted. Not much I could do to compress them and I wasn’t willing to take them apart just for this.

So we went on with the installation, everything generally fit the way it should. Ive had them on for 1 month now and I must say I am a happy customer so far. I dont do much offroading other than the usual our of town escapades. The ride is super comfortable on the highway and gravel at normal speeds.

Project Pictures

Also below are dimensions for the rear spring in case anyone is interested.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 14:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JOHNVOR

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

the shocks looking good but. Maybe you have make some measurments wrong. I had ordered suspension for my racing evolution and the rear
shock must be 56cm-33cm. you will lose a lot of wheel travel with this shock if it is 41cm compressed. check with factory ones the compressed measurments.
I had taken the spring off the car and move the arm all up and all down. This the way to measure what shock is needed.
Just a friendly note.
gbytte

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOHNVOR wrote:
the shocks looking good but. Maybe you have make some measurments wrong. I had ordered suspension for my racing evolution and the rear
shock must be 56cm-33cm. you will lose a lot of wheel travel with this shock if it is 41cm compressed. check with factory ones the compressed measurments.
I had taken the spring off the car and move the arm all up and all down. This the way to measure what shock is needed.
Just a friendly note.

Is that for the front or rear?
JOHNVOR

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbytte wrote:
JOHNVOR wrote:
Just a friendly note.

Is that for the front or rear?

For rear my friend
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> EVO Mods All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: