Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Compass unit SatNav

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hutchy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you manage to get your gauges sorted and working Question  Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jamin

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fitted them last night. All the connections match up witch is great! I have illumination behind the inclinometer mainly with a small amount of light going over to the altimeter. No light on the compass though, screen works but it's back-lit if that makes sense. The thermometer works perfectly, no inside reading as I don't think mine ever had an inside sensor. My compass is flashing W---N---E and E---S---W. I was hoping that meant it needed recalibrating but pushing the button down brings up an arrow moving side to side and no amount of turning in circles changes that.

The Sat-Nav mod I have has a small rectangle display in the middle, two circles to the left and right and a couple of buttons and direction pad in front. I'd be more than willing to part with this. Apparently I can't DM members yet as I haven't posted enough times. Can you DM me?
Jamin

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Not back-lit
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got the right wiring it's always better when it goes together right. If the pod is the same as my old one then the compass doesn't have a light but like you said its backlit and the bulb can be changed (i did mine with an led but i think i soldered it in as i didn't have the right fitting). As with the compass not sure all i did with mine was press and hold the button till all the screen came up and drove round in circles (anti-clockwise, don't know if it makes any difference which way you go but it seemed to set quicker this way) I drove around a small roundabout the wrong way a few times (it was at night and very very quiet!)
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know if this will help

http://www.pocuk.com/faq/resetcompass.htm

you probably already done this but thought i would add it just in case
Jamin

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it all apart after posting here and found the compass bulb pretty quickly. I've got a new one coming early next week so that should sort that. I followed what I assume is the wire from the compass direction box down behind the radio and round towards the stealing wheel. I disconnected it and turned the car on. The display didn't change at all so I assume the flashing display just means it's not getting a signal at all. I haven't the foggiest how it's supposed to connect though. I've also taken the inclinometer out of it's housing right now so I can fill it with fluid. Looks like the back bit of plastic has a rather large crack in it so I'm not entire sure what I'm going to do with that at the moment.

I'm just going to say this club is amazing. I had heard good things from people I know but I wasn't sure what to expect. The knowledge you guys have is incredible.
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leak fix HERE
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think the wires from the compass went that far into the car just from the direction box on the dash (below the windscreen) apart from of course the power connections
Pete added a wiring diagram from this link if it helps and is the same as yours

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=165148&sid=a3696d343d1db834f4df35a1a6f7645a
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find the compass bulb or the illumination bulb for the other 2 pods as the compass one is a fitted inside the compass module and can be a little tricky to get to !
Jamin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the link Simon. It looks as through the compass sensor just plugs back into the compass display unit itself. Perhaps that is what my other connector on my new wiring loom is for. Unfortunately, if that is the case, my compass sensor has a different connector. I'm now wondering if my compass sensor would be connected to the SanNav brain somewhere else in the car. If that's the case then I guess I need a new sensor. To eBay I go.  

I found both bulbs, the main illumination one at the back is fine but the little fiddly one is broken. I've got a new one on the way from eBay.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i am aware the compass is separate from the rest of the car bits, so just consists of the compass pod and the direction sender box on the dash, but having the jap screen might be different wiring as the compass was also held in that screen but ive never had that addition fitted to my old mk2's. It is possible though that compass sender box is different to the standard one in terms of the wiring and connection plugs. Did the screen you had fitted have the sender box connected into the back of it or was it just one wiring loom?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: