Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Double DIN into Mk3. Step by step guide anybody?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotcruz

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up using the Red wire with the green line just above the rear driver wheel arch and ground for the camera and also used the same to go all the way to the head unit.. will put photos once done..
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 20:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Neal22

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of fitting a double din stereo to mine, I see most people tend to go for the Eonon brand.

There seems to be two "cheap" comparable brands on the market Eonon and Erisin.

Can anyone advise which one to go for on a limited budget please?

Thanks
scotcruz

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neal22 wrote:
Thinking of fitting a double din stereo to mine, I see most people tend to go for the Eonon brand.

There seems to be two "cheap" comparable brands on the market Eonon and Erisin.

Can anyone advise which one to go for on a limited budget please?

Thanks

If I could go back and do it again, I would definitely go for the Eonon one or even other Chinese models as they have all boys toys in it like DVD, CD, Changer compatible, TV Tuner, Satnav, Android and the list goes on.

I went for Clarion, which could me around £450 but it doesn't have DVD, CD or Changer compatible (although I can play via usb but temperamental with codes etc)

Basically, lookout for the ones you like. Look at the UI then look to see whether its a WinCE or Android as all the chinese ones are pretty much the same and the choice is what you prefer.

hope it helps..

I finished installing mine finally.. (after the painful episodes of running all wires properly - I'm a perfectionist) Will post photos soon
ColG53

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to drag this topic up again,

Just in the process of doing mine and have a couple of questions.

1.  Do you need to connect the telephone mute wire and if so where to

2. Do you need to connect the Brake line and again, if so where to - I know this is to inhibit watching DVDs while you're driving but I'm unlikely to do that.

3. On my camera lead that connects into the rear of the head unit, I have the video signal and what appears to be a red power connection.  I presumed this is used if I want the camera  permanently active as in it being used as a rear view mirror and can therefore be taped up

I've taken the gamble and cut the centre console surround to fit the bezel - looks good on the ground but I'll get some pics up of the final install when it's done.

Cheers

Col
radiomike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColG53 wrote:
Sorry to drag this topic up again,

Just in the process of doing mine and have a couple of questions.

1.  Do you need to connect the telephone mute wire and if so where to

2. Do you need to connect the Brake line and again, if so where to - I know this is to inhibit watching DVDs while you're driving but I'm unlikely to do that.

3. On my camera lead that connects into the rear of the head unit, I have the video signal and what appears to be a red power connection.  I presumed this is used if I want the camera  permanently active as in it being used as a rear view mirror and can therefore be taped up
Col

Tel mute would go to a phone kit to mute the radio when the phone is in use.  Make sure to insulate it as if it goes to earth it will trigger the mute function.

The handbrake wire needs an earth so that you can access all the functions.  

You don't say what system you have but if it is a reverse camera you will need to take a feed from the reverse lamp circuit, you can pick this up from the back of the info unit, small plug red/green/silver wire.
ColG53

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I've just put one of the Chinese units in - Xtrons and it all works fine apart from an alternator whine which might just be because I forgot to connect the ground wire from the ISO connector.

Well pleased with the unit, only issue at the moment is it keeps going off to seek the strongest channel and I end up going from listening to Radio 2 or 4 to some *beep* station  Surprised

Cheers

Col
popuptoaster

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColG53 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I've just put one of the Chinese units in - Xtrons and it all works fine apart from an alternator whine which might just be because I forgot to connect the ground wire from the ISO connector.

Well pleased with the unit, only issue at the moment is it keeps going off to seek the strongest channel and I end up going from listening to Radio 2 or 4 to some *beep* station  Surprised

Cheers

Col

One of my Pioneers used to do that, no matter how often I turned off the auto seek it would keep doing it, just down to a *beep* receiver set up i think that couldn't hold a signal, replaced it with a Sony unit and its been fine.

Some units just have better tuners than others and need a stronger signal to work, might be fixed by upgrading your aerial or at least making sure everything is clean and grot free.

My sport has one of those stupid bee sting aerials at the back of the roof so it's not great radio reception.
Barman

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have tried the search facility...

I've just replaced my 9181 head unit and CD changer with an Eonon head unit and am thrilled with it.

Unfortunately, I have lost the 'Disp' button that allows me to change the day/date on the multi-function display - and have now noticed that the date is wrong!

Is there any way around this other than re-installing the 9181, pressing the Disp button and resetting the date...?

Thanks in advance...
VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know you should "lost"  only radio settings on display not date,AC settings etc. I will suggest to reconnect old MMC unit to check out display unit that way, I have xtron 1din unit and all is fine date, ac /fan settings, time etc all are present on mine display...
Gooch666

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 15:36    Post subject: Display button Reply with quote

Hi
Someone did ask but didn't see a reply. I have a sat nav screen in my car as standard. How do you keep the display button when taken out the old head unit. I know there is a remote with mine but the display switch is broke!! And prefer the feature on the head unit. Does the new head unit allow you to change between displays?

Thanks
VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as "new"  headunit is that same like mmc old 1 it shouldn't be a problem but as far as I know you can't use it with any  OEM non MMC unit Sad
Grahame C

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just browsing through topics as you do and came across this one.

My MP6900 has stopped picking up satellite signals, so it's going in the bin.

Going to fit one of those Eonon units and keep the large LCD screen in place.

I'm an electronics engineer, although I hate with a passion car electronics, but nevertheless I'm going to try and find a workaround for the 'white button' issue!

Firstly I'm going to strip down the remote and see why the little switch on the side is 'broken' for everyone - I suspect the switch itself has actually been removed inside, which is why the plastic bit flops around uselessly.

Failing that, I'm going to investigate the circuitry of the OEM head unit and find out exactly how the white 'display' button works; if it's just a simple case of refitting an extra button into the wiring, or whether that little button is integrated into the circuitry of the head unit itself and causes data or whatever to be shunted out to the screen control unit etc.  Would definitely like to see heater controls etc still up on the display when I fit the new double din unit.

Might wait until the weather warms up a bit, but I am sick of seeing that orange arrow out in the North sea somewhere!
SgtZippy

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deserves a bump!
Just removed my radio tonight, & bought a connector lead from Mitzi to ISO, now I really really want a reverse camera as I live on an estate where kids are thick enough to wander right behind a reversing vehicle, so for there sake & my peace of mind I'd like one. But my budget is only single din at the moment, do I save up or just put a single din cheapo in for now?
Hmm
ShogunItHurts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bump for Graham C!

Did you make any progress with the DISP button? I have a very similar setup to you and I have been wondering what I can do to keep the top screen functioning while also adding a new Double DIN headunit below.

I was lucky enough to get a spare 9181 headunit with my truck so I currently have it in pieces on my desk. My guess is that the headunit and the display and possibly the box behind the glovebox all have to be present for the system to work. I think it is data exchange, not just a switch otherwise the screen wouldn't be able to display the fader/balance/tone controls etc.

My plan is to remove the satnav DVD player and the multi-changer (in the boot) and re-locate the 9181 to where the DVD was (under the glove box). I'm hoping my soldering skills are good enough to add an extension lead to the DISP button and wire a new button into the old screen surround in the dash. The 9181 would be powered on and connected to the screen but nothing else will be connected. The new headunit will be doing everything else.

I've still got quite a bit of checking to do on all this so please let me know if anyone sees a potential problem! Wish me luck...

cheers
Mark
Zampa0566

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pioneer accompanied a confine. The pressing pieces I utilized were to make the pen an agreeable fit in the space behind the middle dash support. I wouldn't realize where to start without a pen...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: