QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Replace LED Daytime lamp/running lamp (2015-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DI-Dick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 14:10    Post subject: Replace LED Daytime lamp/running lamp (2015-) Reply with quote

2015 onwards Shoguns have the LED lights in the front bumper which are permanently illuminated while the engine is running, day and night.  Anyway, kamikaze pheasant has smashed one of mine.  Anybody have any experience removing/changing one please?  Can't be difficult but there's no obvious way to remove it without the usual random levering/prying at various bits of plastic and hoping for the best that something comes apart before clips etc start to break.

Also, anyone know where to get one from at a sensible price?  It's the n/s btw.  Haven't tried Mitsi yet (for obvious reasons ££) but no luck on eBay or quick google search.  Probably not a very common part and, sadly, not a very common motor anymore.

Thanks everyone.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 14:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

medicman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya there’s one for sale on eBay £60, search Mitsubishi shogun front bumper on their site.

Hope this helps
DI-Dick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks medicman, very well spotted!

Unfortunately it doesn't sound in great condition.  Buyer describes it as scratched and with moisture inside, and you can see the moisture in the pictures.  In my experience that generally means they're knackered, or shortly will be.  May be fixable, and on the plus side it comes with a fog lamp which would be a useful spare.  Maybe I'll buy it, I'll see.

Thanks for your help.
DI-Dick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

Rang Mitsubishi already knowing it was going to be expensive.  But, £290 +VAT for a little plastic LED light!!  That has to be the biggest piss take ever.  Shameful! To be fair the parts guy who is really helpful said he could get it down to about £300 all in, but still.  Hell of a lot for what it is.

So, I bought the one on Ebay, will see what it's like when it arrives but sure I can fix it up, and a spare fog light too.

Thanks again to medicman for spotting it!

Having had a good look at the job, the plastic surround/bezel thing comes off very easily, but the lamp is fitted from behind the bumper.  So, I guess I'm going to have to remove half the bumper, unless it can be accessed through the front wheel arch liner which I haven't removed yet.  What a pain!  So if anyone has done this or similar then any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you have a 2015 onwards Shogun look after the front driving lights!!
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know how dealers get away with extortionate prices,probably 20 notes to manufacture in some Chinese sweat shop,would hate to think what prices would be for one of the  ecu modules.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheel arch liner out and you can get at it.
DI-Dick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Assassin, I thought that would be the way.  Not exactly convenient if you need to change the fog light bulb, but there we are.
medicman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya I replaced my fog lamp bulb by removing only 3 or 4 of the little clips and pulling the splash guard back enough to get bulb out,

I cut a piece of wood just long enough to keep the space open so I could use both hands, a couple of the clips broke due to being brittle but the splash guard still remains in place ok, if I was to do it again I would buy some new clips first.

Hope this helps
DI-Dick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly does medicman, thanks.  Those clips are a pain in the backside, they always break.  But it's useful to know that maybe only a few need taking apart.  I'll see how it goes.

By the way, thanks again for spotting the led light on eBay.  It turned up and appears to be in perfect undamaged condition, no cracks/holes or anything like that.  So I really can't understand why it had condensation inside it.  There's two little bungs in the back which look like some sort of filter, presumably to equalise pressure changes.  So I've taken them both out and the lamp is currently drying thoroughly in my airing cupboard (obviously the wife isn't impressed haha).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mk4 / Gen4 2006 on models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: