eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Dash removal on Pajero JUNIOR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayBee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 21:08    Post subject: Dash removal on Pajero JUNIOR Reply with quote

Has anyone removed the dashboard from a Pajero JUNIOR? I need instructing.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 21:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

JPB

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed the dash on my Mini (same car apart from the narrower axles but body and trim identical) to fit one of my aerial splitter/attenuator circuits so that the new double DIN wireless works on both DAB and analogue from the factory fit pillar aerial. First task is to use a set of proper trim forks around the centre stack, exposing the heads of the machine screws that hold the stack to the surrounding light grey plastic of the dashboard, then remove the radio and the cup holders that are underneath its position, each held by four M5 machine screws around the perimeter of the cage and the edges of the cup holders, or just four, at the edges of the cage if you already have a double DIN set in place. Then reach in and push down on the top of the glove hole's inner liner, which clips in and could be pried out with the trim clip remover set but this way, you don't risk scraping the outer edges of the glove hole.
Then reach up under the offside of the main dashboard moulding and remove the machine screws that attach this to the inner face of the o/s A pillar, the ones on the nearside can be accessed without having your head in the floor well simply by reaching in with a long extension and a wobbly - from the radio hole - or with a shorter extension from the now empty glove hole space, but this way you'll ideally need some 3/8" kit as 1/2" is a tad bulky to fit the available space.
That's the dash liberated from its fixing points, now remove all of the panel lamp holders, the speedometer cable (a modern one so bayonet fitting and be careful with that as the nylon female part is fairly thin, just squeeze the sides of the cable female fitting and GENTLY rock this and pull it free, replacing it is easier as you simply have to enter the square drive and push firmly but not too forcefully.

Once you're in about at it, consider applying some XCP Rust Blocker from one of their excellent aerosol delivery cans, check the underside of the scuttle from inside as I was reliably informed that this area is usually rusty even on really clean, fresh imports, I was lucky and it's now protected but don't let yours fall apart when a wee bit of TLC can save you a fortune in welding rods and time.

I did all of this before I'd thought about getting the camera on the job, so if you could upload pics of yours to this board, that would be great for other Junior and Mini owners.. All seven or eight of us.
Laughing  Smile
JayBee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this information. If I am successful I will post pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: