2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

fitting aftermarket remote central locking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fazer600

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 15:25    Post subject: fitting aftermarket remote central locking Reply with quote

ok guys my pajero unlocks and locks on the key via the drivers door. am wanting to fit a basic remote door locking so i can just open and lock the doors via a remote fob.

ive bought a kit which includes the solonoid switches but just wondering if this can be attached to the original solonid to move the metal bar up and down or do i have to replace my solonoid with the new remote. has anyone done this before and can you give me a heads up on what wires i need to cut or join. was hoping this could be a simple job but these things never are. it does look like i have room at the bottom of the door to lay my original door solonoid down and somehow attach the new one too it almost like piggy backing onto it but was hoping for a little guidence.. cheers

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 15:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model and year?
fazer600

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah its an M reg 2.8, looks like i might have worked it out now, just need to piggy back the actuator rod onto the original one then take the wires to the main control box that came with the kit and then put a 12v source to it, well thats what im hoping anyways.. lol
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's much easier than that.

You don't need to fit the new actuators.

There is a control box behind the speaker in the driver's side dash - there are two wires

One is Black/Red - connecting that momentarily to earth locks the doors

the other is Black/Blue - earthing this wire momentarily unlocks the doors.

This is known as a negative trigger.

Most central locking modules allow you to choose either a positive or negative trigger and have two wires coming out of them. One is a "lock" wire and the other is an "unlock wire". There should be instructions in the manual for the central locking unit should say how to choose a negative trigger.
fazer600

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah but i thought if i didnt have one in the drivers door i would need one, someone mentioned trying to unlock the car from the passenger side and if this didnt open all the doors then i would need a solonoid..!!   did i get this wrong, so all i need to do is connect the remote key fob box to the original wiring, is that what your saying... sorry to sound stupid  !!!!!
Dukeriesmike

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

fazer600 wrote:
.......... so all i need to do is connect the remote key fob box to the original wiring,............

Thats correct  Very Happy
Everythings there already,..... going to fit an alarm myself, for the remote key fob functionality  Cool
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

fazer600 wrote:
ah but i thought if i didnt have one in the drivers door i would need one, someone mentioned trying to unlock the car from the passenger side and if this didnt open all the doors then i would need a solonoid..!!   did i get this wrong, so all i need to do is connect the remote key fob box to the original wiring, is that what your saying... sorry to sound stupid  !!!!!

All the doors have an actuator in them so you only need to connect your remote locking box - it has to provide a negative trigger, which most do.

I fitted one of THESE five years ago and just had to replace it because it stopped flashing the rear indicators (everything else worked though.

Can't complain for the price though - and the replacement one just plugged in to the existing wiring I did when I first fitted it.

The fitting instructions are HERE if you want to look at them.
fazer600

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam that looks really good, is it quite easy to wire in, if so i might just scrap what ive got and buy one of these
peteinchad
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's quite a few wires but not too difficult to fit.

There is a wiring diagram in the fitting instructions in the link above.
fazer600

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok might see if the one i have works
huami

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Will the same work for 2006 3.2 DiD Automatic Shogun?

Edit: I can now confirm that the £10 system from ebay works with my car. I connected the locking wire to bright green/red wire and unlocking to the brown/white wire where the original cobra system was soldered and the yellow cables to the ground. Hopefully it helps someone.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NmMeyZYEGdgNGwU37

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: