Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

How long should it take a garage to change my suspension?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackD

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 17:02    Post subject: How long should it take a garage to change my suspension? Reply with quote

Hi all
I'm just after some advice as how long it should take a garage to change 4 shock, 4 springs and the rear lower control arm bushes then 4 wheel alignment on a mk 3 swb pajero?
Thanks jack
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 17:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Springs and shocks not that long but the bolts for the lower arm camber bushes will be rusted solid so need cutting out then the bush will probably need burning and cutting out if it won't press out. The toe camber bolts are the same as the lower arm bushes but more difficult to cut out. It’s a lot of labour involved in cutting them out ready for the new bushes and easily a days labour.  
Not much skill involved and if you have access to a 5inch grinder with 1mm cutting discs and a reciprocating saw with a quality blade like a Milwaukee Torch Carbide around £15 a piece you can do the bushes yourself and save on the labour time.
If you haven’t ordered the camber bolts yet then do so and make sure they are fitted with plenty of copper grease to prevent them rusting to the bush sleeve again.
JackD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. The local garage said that it should be done in 2-3 days so we dropped it off on Monday morning. Then we rang on Tuesday to see how they were getting on and they told us to ring back on Friday to see if it was done. I thought that seemed to be a long time. I supplied all the parts including new camber bolts. Does that sound like a long time to you or is it normal?
Craig-SM

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not a priority job for them but taken a week to do it taking the piss a bit
H22a7coupe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess it depends on how rusty and seized things are.
Took my front shocks off and back on with in 1.5hours.
But rear shocks top nut were rotten and were’t budging, but the lower one was fine, and changed rear springs in ~30mins.
Ive not tried rear camber/toe bolts yet, but my fronts were ok may with new issues and did front alignment easily.
JackD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just giving you an update my girlfriend rang the garage today as she was asked to by them and they told her it would be next Thursday before it was ready! So when I found out I went to the garage to see if they had even started it. It looked like they started it today.They had done the rear shocks, springs and the bushes. They had 3 men on it. After my visit it will be done Tuesday if they can get the wheel alignment booked in. When my girlfriend asked for a price on the phone they had no idea how much it would be but when I asked they said 450 cash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: