Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Might be a silly question?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatDanBloke

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 19:33    Post subject: Might be a silly question? Reply with quote

I'm assuming I need to pre mix my vvo and diesel before putting it in my tank?

Just putting 20l of Vvo in then 20l of diesel at the pump on top wouldn't be enough to mix it?

TIA
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 19:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simon_W

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always pre mix my svo, and I also add a cetane booster.   I give the mix a really good shake before I pour it in.  If you do as you're suggesting there's a risk of it not mixing properly. The baffles in the tank won't help.

BTW I run 90/10 svo/petrol in the summer months.  Bigger savings.  Smile
ThatDanBloke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
I always pre mix my svo, and I also add a cetane booster.   I give the mix a really good shake before I pour it in.  If you do as you're suggesting there's a risk of it not mixing properly. The baffles in the tank won't help.

BTW I run 90/10 svo/petrol in the summer months.  Bigger savings.  Smile

Thanks Simon. I have a 1999 challenger 2.5td, is there anything I should check/replace/know before I start running on anything but diesel?
Simon_W

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDanBloke wrote:

Thanks Simon. I have a 1999 challenger 2.5td, is there anything I should check/replace/know before I start running on anything but diesel?

Within a couple of weeks of running on veggie oil the seals on the side of my fuel pump began to leak. It got rapidly worse and I decided to have the fuel pump refurbished.  'Diesel Bob', who did the job, fitted special seals for veggie oil and it's been fine ever since. It did wipe out a couple of years savings though.

It's generally recommended that you fit a new fuel filter and then change it within a few hundred miles as the veggie oil can loosen existing crud in the tank.  It didn't happen to me.
ThatDanBloke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
ThatDanBloke wrote:

Within a couple of weeks of running on veggie oil the seals on the side of my fuel pump began to leak. It got rapidly worse and I decided to have the fuel pump refurbished.  'Diesel Bob', who did the job, fitted special seals for veggie oil and it's been fine ever since. It did wipe out a couple of years savings though.

It's generally recommended that you fit a new fuel filter and then change it within a few hundred miles as the veggie oil can loosen existing crud in the tank.  It didn't happen to me.

Awesome, thanks man. I'm planning on replacing the pump shortly anywhere so think I'll do it all at the same time.

Thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: