eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero sport 1g 2001 2.5tdi 4d56 not starting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunnocz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 13:20    Post subject: Pajero sport 1g 2001 2.5tdi 4d56 not starting Reply with quote

Hi everyone, newbie here!

At first I want to say english is not my native language, so bare with me.  Very Happy

To the beginning of the sad story. Pajero suffered sudden shutdowns on a run at any speed, just like 4m40 when it has a worn out seal on diesel pump axle. All the symptoms were indicating to that. But this car doesn't have same type of fuel pump as 2.8 liter pajero have and there were no marks of fuel leaks at engine room. So let's  eliminate that option. At first it seemed to be an air leak in the fuel line/primer, so I took off the fuel tank, checked fuel lines -> all good, put it back, tried to start but it didn't fire up. Next i changed the primer and fuel filter, bleed the system and kaboom, it started and ran very well for 100miles, until the same symptoms came back and finally I had to tow it back to home. After many failed start ups and uncountable hours of google searching for possible fault, I decided to take the injection pump to the repair shop. They put it on a test bench and found nothing, seals good, pressures good, all good. Got results on a paper, I can post it here later. Oh, and they removed the immobilizer, not sure if that has anything to do with the case, but mechanic said that it is not necessary and can cause problems later..  Story goes on, so i assembled all the parts back, bleed the fuel system, this time i used clear fuel lines and jerrycan to see if there are any air bobbles going on, got good pressure in the line, no bubbles. Cranked the engine few times, nothing. Tried to bleed again, didn't help, but batteries died. After charging them I added a wire straight from the battery +12V to the fuel cut off solenoid. Cranked again few times for about 20 seconds at a time, didn't even try to wake up,
Ok, I'm getting little nervous with this.  bandhead Didn't mention before but fuel injectors lines are dry, have been before removing the injection pump and also after reinstallation, it seems something is preventing fuel to come from the pump. Very Happy I called to mechanic and he didn't have any advices, besides reading fault codes. I have a laptop and a cable, so I could do it by myself if I just don't have a software for it. Does anyone know from where I could download good one?

Am I having a big problem with my car or maybe just a small? I think I have done all the magic tricks that i know, in addition to that the injection pump check on repair shop, which was ok.

All the good advices are welcome!  bounce
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 13:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Providing independent power to the fuel solenoid doesn't prove the solenoid is opening and allowing fuel to enter the  pump. As the injectors seem dry, I'd be continuing your search for fuel starvation. Using a wooden rod held to the solenoid and the other end to your ear, as with a stethoscope, can you hear the coil clicking in and out when powered by the bypass wire?
Sunnocz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:46    Post subject: SOLVED Reply with quote

Problem solved. It was faulty immobiliser unit. For some reason, putting a live wire to the solenoid didn't came up to my mind.  Laughing  I presumed that mechanic did something to bypass the damn thing for good. But yeah, it still needed that wire.

I can't add the link here which helped me, but here's the title for search on this site if someone is struggling with same sort of problem "How to Bypass fuel pump imobiliser 4M40"  

And thanks for the tip Trekker, even tho it wasn't needed for this case.
Showight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted. - But most of all huge thanks for coming back and posting the solution. Bound to help out someone scratching their head in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: