2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Front or rear wheel drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 20:39    Post subject: Front or rear wheel drive Reply with quote

This is my stupid question of the day

I have a shogun 3.2 did warrior in 2wd is the truck front or rear wheel drive! Going off the green tyre lights on the dash it would sugest this is rear wheel drive but i just want to make sure. Im putting 2 new tyres on the back but didn't know if it would be better to put the front ones on the back and new on the front!

Any one got any suggestions
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 20:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

NMac

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right its rear wheel drive in 2WD position so stick the new tyres on the back  Very Happy
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was but wanted to check many thanks
trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your front wheels do all of the steering and most of the braking. Regardless of the drive, the front tyres need to have good tread to maintain contact with the road even in puddling water conditions. I'd befitting my new tyres on the front.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

choices now lol the front still have good tread at the moment so i'll have a think. on another note just looked at my spare and i was really happy as its a pirelle until i noticed its a different size to the rest of the tyres!
medicman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ll throw my tuppence worth in, I drive in 4wd all the time, think it’s more planted in this mode.

Hope this helps
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told that is can drive around in 4wd but its not good for higher speeds as 4wd is meant for off road (sticky situations) so more suited to lower speeds and its more economical to drive around in 2wd as its only powered on 2 wheels. But then was told 4wd is for towing so 60mph must be still classed as high speed so who knows!
I only use 4wd when needed (and to lubricate the system) but to be honest ive never really had the need to drop into 4wd (YET).
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, total rubbish, kick the fool telling you this in the nads, preferably with steel toecaps on.

Superselect 2 can use both 2WD and 4WD without issues on speed or transmission wind up, that's why they have torque vectoring and differentials.

Never lock the centre differential in 4WD while on the road, and you will be fine, if you read the Mitsubishi site it clearly states you can use either or both without issues.

Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley, to name three margues which are permanent 4WD and top speeds of over 200 MPH.

Yours works simply, your front propshaft is permanently driven and it engages 4WD at the front differential so you get little losses, I engage 4H at the beginning of winter and leave it there until spring and I lose about 0,4 MPG doing this, I also tow heavy loads and use 4H for anything over a tonne and as Medicman says, "it is more planted" which is perfectly true. In addition to this it saves on tyre wear as the torque vectoring kicks in and stops the front tyres from drifting wide and skidding if you go into a corner a little too fast.
medicman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Assassin and remember your truck is defaulted to 4wd, you would have noticed all the green lights come on during start up then convert to rear wheel drive as per the small lever position, also your solenoids are constantly knocking out the front drive every time you start up, leave it in 4wd as it’s ment to be, you know it makes sense.

Hope this helps
SteveMilner

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

4WD is recommended for towing...

Just finished 3K miles round Europe with no issues being in 4WD
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

good advice by all well i now know better thanks for all the advice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: