QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Got to be the Worst car car I`ve ever owned

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan F

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a 91 2.5 swb auto to tow the horse trailer, it gave great service and did work hard for its weekly tank full, bro in law tows a caravan, not as heavy as horse and trailer, he's gone through nissan, 2 discos a singsong and a 4x4 in the same time as we have had the paj, so with my experience they are as reliable as any just a bit thirsty
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 14:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Alan F

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intended to say 4x4 but it came out as 4x4, weird or what
Alan F

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I give in I meant to say one of those expensive American things, obviously on a Pajero thats a swear word and auto corrects
Alan F

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

J ee P
Simon_W

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan F wrote:
J ee P

You've got the hang of it!  Laughing
mof000

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you putting up pictures of your trip? I enjoyed your last ones you put up!
Byway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son had £4k-5k to spend on a 7 seater and I advised him to spend £1.5k on a decent LWB Pajero and the £2.5k left would easily cover the higher fuel consumption and inevitable few spare parts for an old vehicle compared to a newer £4k vehicle. As it turned out the much younger Zaphira he bought instead has not only cost more in spares than I've spent on Paj and Delica in that time but some things are too complex on a modern car for us to do at home so there's more garage costs and some (fuel swirl flaps) appear inherent faults that ought to be recall. Of course it's also not so nice to drive and there's less room.
These are good vehicles and don't need much allowance for being 20 years old.
ShogunDave

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some very good Shoguns/Pajeros out there, but there's also a lot of money pits out there too. Some people no longer service or do any maintenance to their vehicles once the car goes past a certain age or mileage. So buy carefully and pay accordingly.

I bought mine a few year ago knowing it needed work, I paid less than scrap value and done a load of work to get it up to a reasonable standard.

3 year later my Shoguns just passed the 20 year mark and it's proving to be one of the most reliable vehicles I've owned and I've worked it hard and done a lot of miles in the time I owned it. I believe it still has another few years in it yet.

Welcome to the forum Wink
GremlinMaster

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , I just had to say that Pajero's getting on for 20 years old +,they are not the type of vehicle you should be buying if you don't have the ability or the inclination to do the work your self .  i was given my 27 year old Mk2 2.5TDI after a couple of years of bugging the farther in law , then i had to spend £800 in parts to put it through its MOT , suspension , cv boots track rod ends 2 x batteries prop shaft joints , all break pipes and a calliper and more , if i had put it into a garage to have the work done the cost would have well exceeded the value of the vehicle , but this is nature of the beast when it comes to owning and running a classic car / truck the Pajero's aren't a special case. Anyone who thinks they can buy a cheap 20 year old truck without having to spend there time working on and treating it to some well earn't new parts for it or prepared to pay a garage to do the work is deluded and then to come onto a forum like this and complain about it is really just showing up there naivety or more to the point stupidity.

i realise this is an old thread but really anyone considering buying an older pajero should read this.
Minirob

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

GremlinMaster wrote:
Hi , I just had to say that Pajero's getting on for 20 years old +,they are not the type of vehicle you should be buying if you don't have the ability or the inclination to do the work your self .  i was given my 27 year old Mk2 2.5TDI after a couple of years of bugging the farther in law , then i had to spend £800 in parts to put it through its MOT , suspension , cv boots track rod ends 2 x batteries prop shaft joints , all break pipes and a calliper and more , if i had put it into a garage to have the work done the cost would have well exceeded the value of the vehicle , but this is nature of the beast when it comes to owning and running a classic car / truck the Pajero's aren't a special case. Anyone who thinks they can buy a cheap 20 year old truck without having to spend there time working on and treating it to some well earn't new parts for it or prepared to pay a garage to do the work is deluded and then to come onto a forum like this and complain about it is really just showing up there naivety or more to the point stupidity.

i realise this is an old thread but really anyone considering buying an older pajero should read this.

Sorry, have to totally disagree with the above.

In 4 & 1/2 years of ownership, I can honestly say that this is the BEST car I’ve ever owned.
We live in London and needed an old ‘work Horse’ to take to the local supermarket or occasionally to the dump so we didn’t damage our good car. So, having looked online, we saw one in Devon. We travelled up on the train and was met at the station by the owner in what is now our our. We drove it back to his lovely Barn conversion. It was obvious that things weren’t quite right with the brakes because something was getting hot. One of the rear Callipers was seized. With help from the seller, we managed to free it off but it would need further attention. Anyway, we bought the car and drove it back to London.
A new calliper was ordered and fitted, along with the damaged rear disc. All has been fine since.

Total parts for this car are :-
Rear Disc and pads
Battery

Other parts can be classed as service items - Front Pads, Timing Belt including tensioner and water pump, Auto box oil, coolant and 5 x tyres.

We have a new car being delivered on or about the 27th of this month. I hope this will be as trouble free in the years to come as our trusty old ‘Work Horse’.
Minirob

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

GremlinMaster wrote:

Sorry, have to totally disagree with the above.

In 4 & 1/2 years of ownership, I can honestly say that this is the BEST car I’ve ever owned.
We live in London and needed an old ‘work Horse’ to take to the local supermarket or occasionally to the dump so we didn’t damage our good car. So, having looked online, we saw one in Devon. We travelled up on the train and was met at the station by the owner in what is now our our. We drove it back to his lovely Barn conversion. It was obvious that things weren’t quite right with the brakes because something was getting hot. One of the rear Callipers was seized. With help from the seller, we managed to free it off but it would need further attention. Anyway, we bought the car and drove it back to London.
A new calliper was ordered and fitted, along with the damaged rear disc. All has been fine since.

Total parts for this car are :-
Rear Disc and pads
Battery

Other parts can be classed as service items - Front Pads, Timing Belt including tensioner and water pump, Auto box oil, coolant and 5 x tyres.

We have a new car being delivered on or about the 27th of this month. I hope this will be as trouble free in the years to come as our trusty old ‘Work Horse’.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: