Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

You couldn’t make it up!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minirob

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 18:47    Post subject: You couldn’t make it up!! Reply with quote

Hi people

The old girl let me down today. Just flown back into Gatwick and picked her up from a relatives house where she’d been parked up for 2 weeks. Started first turn of the key as normal. 5 minutes down the road, she started spluttering and had no power. Turned off and now she just turns over but doesn’t fire up. First time in 4 and a half years that I’ve had an issue. Thing is, we are picking a brand new Volvo XC40 up tomorrow morning. It’s as if she knows......
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 18:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Minirob

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I said you couldn’t make it up. Tried many times to start it. Battery, which is only 18 months old, was spinning the engine like no tomorrow!! Called the recovery guy (brother-in-law) to see how far away he was. He was 20 minutes down the road. Had one more turn of the key and it fired up like nothing had happened!! Rolling Eyes

He followed me home, 20 miles, without an issue??

Sticky fuel pump? - I assume it’s electric. Is there a fuel cut off relay?
When I was cranking it over, there wasn’t a smell of petrol.

This car has been THE most reliable car we’ve owned. We got it as a work horse but it soon became the daily driver and the ‘go to’ car of choice.

We were going to run this car for a couple of months still before popping it up for sale. Obviously, being that our new car has now arrived at the dealership, I don’t want to spend out too much in the way or diagnoses or repairs.

Any thoughts? Could it just be a ‘one off’? - Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: