QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Suspension upgrades (air or not!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antharro

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:12    Post subject: Suspension upgrades (air or not!) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have a Mk2 LWB 2.5. The air suspension failed some years ago, and as money was a bit tight, I had the garage remove it and put on standard shocks and springs. I was expecting a decrease in ride quality, but it was worse than I expected. Still, I have put up with it for a few years now. The vehicle is coming up for a bit of an overhaul, mostly bodywork, but I have been thinking about trying to get some better suspension on it.

Can the forum please recommend either an air suspension setup that's as close to manufacturer standard as possible (including the firmness adjustments that were standard), or a good aftermarket shock/spring setup? The aim is not to go for high performance or sports shocks, but to get the original ride quality back, or as close to it as possible.

If it makes any difference, I am possibly looking at getting a tow bar fitted, and the vehicle is very infrequently (once a year if that) used to pull another vehicle.

Thanks!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

antharro

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one?
trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking of your paj having air bag suspension?  Or did your Paj have electrically adjustable shock absorbers?
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many aftermarket springs and shocks automatically come as uprated and generally this is around 20% uprated which is fine for repeated heavy towing, but try a standard set with standard settings and you should restore most of the standard characteristics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: