2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Newbie needs help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carolyn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:45    Post subject: Newbie needs help Reply with quote

I went for a test drive in what I though was an imported Mitsubishi Shogun 5 door 2.8 TD and fell in love with it. After agreeing to a sale price I went ahead with the deal, arranged my insurance, had a buyer for my old car and arranged for money... low and behold when I saw the log book it stated the motor was a Pajero 2.8TD... as I'd already made my mind up I went ahead with the sale and brought my new lovely new possession home. I'm slightly confused because the badges are Shogun and not pajero, the seller also showed me his insurance which stated 'shogun'.. when I informed my insurance co. I had a Pajero instead I have to send alarm installation proof and, they kindly increased my insurance by another £50 !
Is this a normal incident , or was this a bit of a dodgy transaction ? no probs as I'm in love with it
Also I have an alarm installed .. found the alarm bomb but cant find the unit.. any ideas ?

Thanks in anticipation

P.S. your web site is excelle Well done
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does sound a bit strange that its been badged as a shogun but it seems some people may well do this to try and get the insurance premium lower....fraud really btw welcome to the club ,if all else checks out on the paj ie vin nmbers etc i wouldnt be to worried but i would however go back to the seller and ask why its badged diffrently,and re your alarm if you cant find the brains then thats a good thing there are various places it can be put but i think a little discretion is better than saying where!Hope you enjoy your new toy have fun and drive safe and most of all welcome to the family Laughing ,its better for you btw that you have been up front with your insurance re this anyway take care atb marc
Mark_m8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carolyn

Hi and welcome on behalf of the other members.

You didn't say if you bought it from a dealer or privately.

Either way you were misled and that is a no no under the trade discription act.

Fortunately you picked up the difference on the log book and insured the car correctly. If you hadn't done this then you may have had a problem if you ever came to make a claim.

As to what you should do about it.

Well that depends how happy you are with the car. Normally a paj will be much better spec'd and a lower millages for the year (you will need to check if the speedo is reading kmph or mph and whether the odeometer is recording miles or kms).

In general year for year the paj would cost less but you get a much better spec.

Have a look around at prices and see if you are still happy.

If not go back to the person selling you the car and explain to them that they missrepresented what the vehicle was and that you want a refund or cash adjustment.

If you are happy then don't worry about servicing, spares etc.. these are all straight forward and readily available for imported Paj's.

I hope you are happy with you new toy.

All the best.

Mark_m8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: