2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Noob gearbox help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
desilvards

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:48    Post subject: Noob gearbox help Reply with quote

Hi I have been trolling the forums without success (probably operator error) so I thought I would ask and have someone point me to a previous post if that's OK.  I have a shogun 3.2 diesel Auto 2004 had her about four months when she started to not engage drive on pull away she gets moving and then when 1100 revs jumps to high revs and wont move.  If I move stick to manual she is fine and works normally in all gears. I can also start off in manual and then switch to drive and she is fine.  I have changed ATF and also flushed the system all from the pump out at the front as suggested on here.  Any pointers most gratefully received.

RDS
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

desilvards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 20:34    Post subject: Re: Noob gearbox help Reply with quote

desilvards wrote:
Hi I have been trolling the forums without success (probably operator error) so I thought I would ask and have someone point me to a previous post if that's OK.  I have a shogun 3.2 diesel Auto 2004 had her about four months when she started to not engage drive on pull away she gets moving and then when 1100 revs jumps to high revs and wont move.  If I move stick to manual she is fine and works normally in all gears. I can also start off in manual and then switch to drive and she is fine.  I have changed ATF and also flushed the system all from the pump out at the front as suggested on here.  Any pointers most gratefully received.

RDS
Hi guys my problem has moved to no drive at all, it will not register as being in park and will not turn over when the ignition key is turned, so having to push it around which as a work out is great but getting to work pretty rubbish, anyone got any ideas please.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

This suggest two problems:

Your gearbox switch has come loose and its inhibitor function is not working and simply realigning the switch and tightening the switch will cure unless the switch is faulty.

If you are losing drive it could be the loose switch or low ATF.
desilvards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, one other thing is that I have no ignition is that some kind of fail-safe to protect itself, literally turn the key and nothing.

Thanks again

RDS
davidsmith1307

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect it won't try to start if it doesn't know the box is in P
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the failsafe works by preventing the vehicle starting in either D or R but allows it to be started either in P or N positions and it is called the inhibitor switch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: